1. Mortar units carrying around empty 81mm tube. WHY?
2. Mortar crew assisting setting up of empty mortar tube while they have inline green sight of incoming German units
3. German scouts (all of them) outrun a US 30 cal mg team, while in open field ::big roll eyes here::
4. German flamethrower took out sherman on side frontal armor?
5. Far too often an mg in the field wipes out my team inside building in great cover while he has poor and shots all miss him in open area..
6. Far too often when running building to building the guys use the sides and get killed rather than using building cover..
7. German Flame Thrower team of 2 took out 18 of my guys. Yes 18. My guys were all in brush with some in road. They were in open field..
1. Do you mean when you move your mortar team around after they expended all rounds? I suppose in all CC this is done. No unit can ditch their primary weapon. Is it possible for a mortar team to scavenge mortars? Anyways, the feature you want just isn't coded in the game.
2. Yeah that could be annoying. I'v never even thought of that before.
4. I'd think a flamethrower close range would be deadly to any tank. Burning fuel pouring into viewing slots or open hatches would be deadly. Material burning on the outside of the hull and the smoke going into the tank can also be deadly.
6. Some version of CC make the soldiers use the doorways, others let them go through the walls. Some even let you blast holes in walls, while others do not. Its a preference.
7. Flamethrowers have a huge psychological effect in soldiers. Even if they score a near miss, the effect is deadly. In CC this makes them go prone and unable to respond to orders quickly. Usually if the FT gets off the first shot, the other team is in grave danger of being wiped out. If the other teams get the first shot off at the FT team, they will go prone. FT teams are very easy to suppress.
As for the cover your men were using, just think about blobs of liquid gasoline on fire flowing to the lowest point, just like water. Thats not how its coded in game though.