Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reducing tech level in editor unreliable.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Reducing tech level in editor unreliable. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reducing tech level in editor unreliable. - 9/1/2013 7:38:50 PM   
Bebop Cola

When I use the editor to reduce an empire's tech level, it doesn't appear to be properly resetting that tech level.

For example, I'm running a pre-warp game. I set the Kiadian's tech level down to level 1, or Starting, and give it a few minutes(as it seems to take a bit to calculate out). I then open a diplomacy dialogue to see what I could trade them(the only way I'm aware of to muddle out what tech they may have). By all appearances they keep a good number of technologies despite being set to a level that should be below those technologies.

1. The Kiadian appear to have kept all levels of their racial tech, as the only component of that I can trade them is the final tier.
2. They appear to keep their colonization tech as I can't trade them anything at all in that.
3. They appear to have kept some of their fuel and cargo storage tech as the only thing I can trade them there is advanced fuel storage and advanced cargo storage.

Is this WAD somehow? When I set them down to a certain tech level I really want them to lose all their tech as in a tech collapse to barbarism or something. Ideally I'd like to be able to manipulate specific techs, but I work with what I've got.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Reducing tech level in editor unreliable. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI