Site & Forum Feedback

Please post any issues you are having with the site or suggestions for improvements here.
IainMcNeil

Site & Forum Feedback

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

with all the changes we have going on we wanted to give a specific area for people to report any issues they have with the site and for suggestions on how to further improve it. Please post your feedback here!

Thanks!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Vorsteher

RE: Site & Forum Feedback

Post by Vorsteher »

und where is the geman version ? [;)]
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Iain, Great idea! Thanks for that!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Mappo

Post by Mappo »

Hi Matrix, awesome news. [&o]
Waiting for the italian one [:)][:)][:)]
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

German & Italian are in the works but we don't have official dates yet!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
DSWargamer

Post by DSWargamer »

My ONLY suggestion and it is valid for the Slitherine home forums as well as it is the same issue.

Stickies, if my kitchen was covered in the same amount of stickies, I would not be capable of actually walking across the floor!!

News threads, pick a damn spot to put your news, and put that news THERE and ONLY there. Come on we don't need to read the latest development on game X on the top of every single game sub forum. It wouldn't be so bad if Slitherine Group only had 3 games, but you don't have 3 or even 30, it's more than 30 and it is annoying beyond belief to come to the site, look at the forum main page, look for new posts that are normally evidenced by some manner of icon of highlighting and just assume that all of the 'new' content, is really just the same damned news on every single sub forum.

It makes the software meant to highlight new content, virtually worthless. In fact, I bet it detracts from people looking to see if there is new content in anything but a couple of sub forums, as it is a pain to click a few times to see yep as I thought the same news as the last sub forum.

Gentlemen, you have the industries best games, and you have the best developers, but your forums are unimaginative and poorly thought out.
They actually suck, there are said it, the forums as set up, suck. I hope you are not paying anything for this outrageously lame set up.

You wanted feedback, ok I gave you some.

If I took my kitchen dirtied everything in it and they spread it all over every available surface, failed to sweep and mop, left the stove unclean and the fridge full of left overs, it would still look better :)

For god's sake hire a web designer for a couple of months, tell the person you want a new look.
I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback. We do get complaints about stickies but the reality is they work really well. We monitor the number of reads for a news forum post and a global post. Global posts get read 10-50 times as often as news forum posts. This uptake is not something we can afford to ignore.

I understand to the hard core people that spend a lot of time on the forums they can be irritating but we are trying to carefully manage how many global messages there are but they are to important to us to ignore & remove.

We already have 2 full time web developers and are probably adding a 3rd before the end of the year. There are so many areas we are working on currently. I don't agree the forums are terrible. There are things I would modify but I don't agree they need to be thrown away. I much prefer our forums to most other forums I see on the web. The biggest problem with the forums is the sheer size. We have 200 different games. I don't know any other sites with as many active sub forums as we do.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Lindi

Post by Lindi »

for french translate, the date : 13 September 2013, no change in french is 13 Septembre 2013

[:D]

Very thank for french version of Site
Boomer78

Post by Boomer78 »

Are there some database errors, or maybe some spam deletion going on with the forum? The reason I ask is because I noticed that several posts from the last day or two (including a couple of my own) have disappeared. For example, the music thread in the general discussion section says that it has 107 pages of posts, but when you click on the thread, you'll notice that there are actually 108 pages of posts.
"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"
catwhoorg

Post by catwhoorg »

from the sticky at the forum front page
"Hi guys,

We’re very sorry to report we had a serious hardware failure over the weekend in our data centre in Colorado. Due to the failure a database server crashed and the Matrix & Ageod sites were down for 4 hours this morning. That in itself is a major issue for us but in addition to this the hardware failure resulted in a loss of the server snap shot. These snapshots allow the server to recover to an earlier position and usually mean if there is an issue and data is lost then you can recover with minimal effort and loss of data. The loss of the snapshot meant we had to manually revert to an earlier backup and the most recent uncompromised backup was the 14th September. This means we have lost just over 24 hours of data.

Any forum posts, account changes, new accounts, news items – basically any changes at all made during these last 24 hours have been lost. There is no way to recover them. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and you can be sure that however upset you are about it, we are far more upset. Our web team has been working through the night to recover what they can. We’ll be doing a full review with the data centre in Colorado to find out what happened and why and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Once again apologies for any frustration.

The Matrix Games Team "
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Redspade07

Post by Redspade07 »

The Distant Worlds game is showing the price in euros but the rest of the games are showing the price in usd.
jonasnarvas

Post by jonasnarvas »

I suggest to change background. Grey looks very sad
Far Cry 3 Developer

Jens Jungmark
rwglaub

Post by rwglaub »

I'm getting 'this site cannot be displayed' when I try to buy the Civil War II add-on.
Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com
DampSquib

Post by DampSquib »

In the Members area the security code will not change when clicked +
it remains BLUE coloured text.

Any chance of being able to pick a different text colour on the main forum,in fact anywhere the text is BLUE.

Ketan123

Post by Ketan123 »

Good website. I found it is good for discussion.
Jonathan Pollard

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

I would like to see the size limits for screen shots increased. Very often I cannot include a screen shot in a forum post, I get a message that the file is too large. Even when I shrink the size of the screen shot significantly, I still get the message that the file is too large.
styler62

Post by styler62 »

[&:]

I wanted to express my concern about 'Matrix Games / Slitherine' partnering with 'Steam' as of late for Game delivery.

I am not a fan of 'Steam' and never have been and am worried that 'Matrix / Slitherine' will make 'Steam' the sole method of their game delivery process in the future such as many other Game Developers / Vendors already have.

I would like to make the comment that if 'Matrix / Slitherine' make 'Steam' their sole method of Game delivery I will stop purchasing Games from 'Matrix / Slitherine' as I have already done with other companies requiring 'Steam'.

I prefer the boxed edition of games and 'Steam' often doesn't offer this option and if so requires customers to download their 'Steam' software for game access and game updates.

I have always been a responsible gamer and have never illegally copied software and don't require a third party company to store my games in a cloud for me.

In my case the 'Steam' option for game delivery is not a viable one as I find I am purchasing less gaming software each year because of the industry's move toward the 'Steam' client.

I sincerely hope 'Matrix / Slitherine' will continue to allow me to purchase 'Non-Steam' versions of the games they offer on their website as I still do and have always thought highly of these companies for their game development and excellent support.

I hope someone affiliated with these companies reads these comments I am writing and is compassionate about my concerns.

cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

ORIGINAL: styler62

[&:]

I wanted to express my concern about 'Matrix Games / Slitherine' partnering with 'Steam' as of late for Game delivery.

I am not a fan of 'Steam' and never have been and am worried that 'Matrix / Slitherine' will make 'Steam' the sole method of their game delivery process in the future such as many other Game Developers / Vendors already have.

I would like to make the comment that if 'Matrix / Slitherine' make 'Steam' their sole method of Game delivery I will stop purchasing Games from 'Matrix / Slitherine' as I have already done with other companies requiring 'Steam'.

I prefer the boxed edition of games and 'Steam' often doesn't offer this option and if so requires customers to download their 'Steam' software for game access and game updates.

I have always been a responsible gamer and have never illegally copied software and don't require a third party company to store my games in a cloud for me.

In my case the 'Steam' option for game delivery is not a viable one as I find I am purchasing less gaming software each year because of the industry's move toward the 'Steam' client.

I sincerely hope 'Matrix / Slitherine' will continue to allow me to purchase 'Non-Steam' versions of the games they offer on their website as I still do and have always thought highly of these companies for their game development and excellent support.

I hope someone affiliated with these companies reads these comments I am writing and is compassionate about my concerns.

+1
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

for everyone who is against steam, there is maybe a equal amount that is for it, so tbh the point maybe mute
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Site Feedback”