Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reserved resource

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Reserved resource Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reserved resource - 8/27/2013 3:36:30 PM   
mSterian

Would somebody please tell me what "Reserved" for resources when looking at the cargo of a station is?

Most oftenly it seems to mean it is being held for what it is currently building. Or maybe even what's in queue to be built.

But other times it seems it means cargo waiting for a freighter to pick it up?

Does it mean BOTH?
Post #: 1
RE: Reserved resource - 8/27/2013 7:22:09 PM   
Starke

It definitely counts ships in the construction yards, but I think it does not count ones in queue. It also counts fuel set to be transferred to ships on a refuel mission, and I'm fairly sure it counts materials with a freighter en route to pick them up.

(in reply to mSterian)
Post #: 2
RE: Reserved resource - 8/27/2013 8:34:46 PM   
mSterian

Hey. Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought too. But, how do you explain, I have nothing building (pirate star port), no retrofitting, no nothing, and have a lot of Reserved resources(not refueling resources) for which a freighter NEVER comes. I waited years. YEARS.

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 3
RE: Reserved resource - 8/27/2013 10:51:24 PM   
Starke

I have a theory that the game doesn't properly clear up reserves in some circumstances, such as a freighter destroyed en route, available available supply dropping below reserve before the freighter arrives, etc., but I have no idea if I'm on the right track. If you find out, let me know. =P

(in reply to mSterian)
Post #: 4
RE: Reserved resource - 8/28/2013 12:25:22 AM   
dostillevi

@mSterian if a facility has construction yards it will reserve certain resources regardless of whether it is building something. This is a big consideration if you want to build a lot of spaceports as your economy will spend a lot of time supplying the minimum reserve level resources to each facility, often to the detriment of actual construction. The reasoning here is that if you have construction yards on a facility you will probably want to build something there, and if it didn't already have a reasonable amount of supplies on hand, every time you tried to build something you would have to wait for a freighter to ship the supplies over.

(in reply to Starke)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Reserved resource Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI