Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Font size has Killed this game series for me.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Font size has Killed this game series for me. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Font size has Killed this game series for me. - 8/26/2013 7:17:59 PM   
captainpost

I have tried for the last few months to play this game. I paid 70 dollars after hearing it was one of the best space 4x games around from many places. Now I feel like I was cheated out of my money.

The font sizes are ridiculously small. I play on a 42 inch tv and can play other 4x games with no problem along with MMO's and RPGs. And I can always play them with no problems at all. DW unfortunately causes far to much eye strain. And has thus killed the entire experience for me.

I have tried lowering the resolution but it still doesn't help. This game would be amazing if the font sizes were addressed. But until that day comes I will no longer be trying to play this game and will not buy any more expansions in the future.
Post #: 1
RE: Font size has Killed this game series for me. - 8/26/2013 8:50:05 PM   
mSterian

I... have no problem with the font size. Well, I do have a 17 inch monitor and stay somewhat closer than a meter to it. Please don't be offended by this, but are you sure you're not in need of glasses?

(in reply to captainpost)
Post #: 2
RE: Font size has Killed this game series for me. - 8/27/2013 12:39:14 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainpost

I have tried for the last few months to play this game. I paid 70 dollars after hearing it was one of the best space 4x games around from many places. Now I feel like I was cheated out of my money.

The font sizes are ridiculously small. I play on a 42 inch tv and can play other 4x games with no problem along with MMO's and RPGs. And I can always play them with no problems at all. DW unfortunately causes far to much eye strain. And has thus killed the entire experience for me.

I have tried lowering the resolution but it still doesn't help. This game would be amazing if the font sizes were addressed. But until that day comes I will no longer be trying to play this game and will not buy any more expansions in the future.

Do you have Shadows and have you updated to the latest release version? The font sized have been increased considerably since Shadows released.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Post #: 3
RE: Font size has Killed this game series for me. - 8/27/2013 7:26:10 AM   
mSterian

Oh yeah. I've onlt played shadows.
Maybe you didn't update to shadows correctly?

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 4
RE: Font size has Killed this game series for me. - 8/27/2013 8:59:40 AM   
Chris21wen

I'm playing on a 23" screen and, although small, have no problems reading them but I wouldn't like to play on a 42" screen unless the fonts are scalable. Are they scalable? I'm using the latest patch.

(in reply to mSterian)
Post #: 5
RE: Font size has Killed this game series for me. - 8/27/2013 9:52:56 AM   
Osito

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainpost

I certainly understand this problem. I originally played this game on a 27" monitor and - pre-shadows - it was very difficult. Things have improved since the release of Shadows,but on a 27" monitor there were still many parts of the screen that I could not read easily. I can imagine it might be very difficult or impossible on a 42" TV.

I recently downgraded my monitor from 27" to 24", because I had found the native resolution for that screen size made many applications and games display text to small. I have been much happier with the smaller screen, and I personally find that Shadows is fine on a 24" screen.

None of this will help you with your 42" monitor, of course.

Osito

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Font size has Killed this game series for me. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI