Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet AI does NOT attack in April '45

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Soviet AI does NOT attack in April '45 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet AI does NOT attack in April '45 - 7/31/2013 5:31:26 PM   
EddyBear81

I am close to the end in a game started long ago (= many version updates) bc of RL matters, and although there was great opportunities to the Soviet AI, it chose not to attack, TWO turns in a row...
...what is the problem ?
(I have tried to attach the save file)

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet AI does NOT attack in April '45 - 7/31/2013 6:48:00 PM   
SigUp

Yes, I also encountered a situation in which the AI inexplicably didn't attack. I set the Soviet morale for the blizzard at 60 (as a counter for bolstering them before, I got a pretty historic result, so I didn't want to ruin it by creating an ahistorical blizzard), so I could defend forward. In the Moscow region the AI was incredibly passive, and only attacked a few times, pushing me back some 3-4 hexes total. In the Tula region it did not attack at all. Only in the South was it aggressive. I was curious and switched over, and in the Tula region it was more than easy to push back my Germans two hexes. The AI simply did not attack, even though the odds were better than in the South.

(in reply to EddyBear81)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet AI does NOT attack in April '45 - 7/31/2013 7:07:06 PM   
RedLancer

The AI really needs to be set at 110 to get itself in gear.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet AI does NOT attack in April '45 - 7/31/2013 7:21:41 PM   
SigUp

Yeah, I had it at 120, then 110 for the summer. But 110 during blizzard would have been entirely unrealistic. The strange thing is, in the South were odds were not so clear in favour of the Soviets, the AI attacked vigorously. Around Tula where it had a massive advantage, it was passive.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet AI does NOT attack in April '45 - 8/1/2013 7:32:52 AM   
EddyBear81

Well, I had the AI at 109 bc I didn't want the special bonuses to kick in, so I hope it doesn't make that huge a difference.
The problem is the Soviet AI was merciless up to this point and now doesn't launch a single attack : I have set up weak regiments in rear guard in Hungary (CV<1)and they do not face any attack

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet AI does NOT attack in April '45 - 8/5/2013 5:52:30 AM   
Schmart

The AI Morale setting is the most critical for giving it some offensive 'intelligence'. Everything else can be set lower, but the Morale specifically should be at 110 or higher.

(in reply to EddyBear81)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Soviet AI does NOT attack in April '45 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI