Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Awesome News!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Awesome News! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Awesome News! - 7/24/2013 10:31:40 PM   
JameyCribbs

Strategic Command 1 is my all-time favorite game! I can't remember how many nights I stayed up past midnight playing that sucker. Unfortunately, I could never get into SC2 because the isometric view just killed my experience. I mean I hated it. Since then, I have never found another game to equal SC1.

So, to see SC3 screenshots with beautiful hexes and FLAT icons is fantastic! The icing on the cake is knowing that Hubert is now part of the Matrix family. Combining probably the nicest game developer and one of the best, with the best computer wargaming company is a match made in heaven!

So, hurry up and ship this sucker! :)

Post #: 1
RE: Awesome News! - 7/24/2013 11:14:49 PM   
SeaMonkey

Not so fast! We'll need the LoC(lines of communications) for an accurate supply model. The ability to "click" off a unit and then return to use its remaining APs(action points) is a must and I know the Lordz guys know how to get this done. And the DoD (density of deployment)feature which is somewhat like the TOAW unit build function to define the combat characteristics of the occupied hex.

This is a good basis for a start, more to come, lots more I hope!

(in reply to JameyCribbs)
Post #: 2
RE: Awesome News! - 7/25/2013 10:58:08 AM   
KuniworthII

quote:

ORIGINAL: JameyCribbs

Strategic Command 1 is my all-time favorite game! I can't remember how many nights I stayed up past midnight playing that sucker.

Mine too. And you know I'm a big fan of simplicity. The thing with sc1 was that it was simplistic(maybe a bit too much with no winters etc) but it made players focus on strategy. One of the greatest strategy games ever.

Post #: 3
RE: Awesome News! - 7/25/2013 6:53:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Thank you for the interest. We'll post more information as we have it but we'll also be listening to your feedback here and incorporating it into our discussions.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to KuniworthII)
Post #: 4
RE: Awesome News! - 8/13/2013 7:55:12 PM   
Happycat

quote:

ORIGINAL: JameyCribbs

Strategic Command 1 is my all-time favorite game! I can't remember how many nights I stayed up past midnight playing that sucker. Unfortunately, I could never get into SC2 because the isometric view just killed my experience. I mean I hated it. Since then, I have never found another game to equal SC1.

So, to see SC3 screenshots with beautiful hexes and FLAT icons is fantastic! The icing on the cake is knowing that Hubert is now part of the Matrix family. Combining probably the nicest game developer and one of the best, with the best computer wargaming company is a match made in heaven!

So, hurry up and ship this sucker! :)

While I can't agree with your reaction to the isometric view in SC2, I totally agree with your comments about Hubert. I have worked with him for a few years now, and he is indeed a huge pleasure to deal with.

Chance favours the prepared mind

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Awesome News! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI