Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khyberbill Please)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khyberbill Please) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khyberb... - 7/23/2013 3:18:54 PM   
Icedawg

I've never played as the allies for any length of time, so I'm not exactly sure how allied aircraft replacements work.

Question #1 What's the difference between "Replacement Rate" and "Production Rate"? I was under the impression that the allied player has no aircraft factories, therefore he has no aircraft production. Am I missing something here?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/23/2013 3:50:30 PM   
Walloc

Yes that is a wrong impression. The allied do in fact have some aircraft factories. Mainly on the CONSUS West coast, but a few in aussieland/canada plus 2 in russian territory too. Most starts in R&D mode and doesnt start to produce until later on/when ever the aircrafts gets online that it produce. Note there is no Allied R&D so they come when stated and cant come early.

So the production column is what those aircraft factories produce and replacement is those that enter via replacements rates. Usually replacements has a start and a end date unlike factories that has a start date and then possibly upgrades to other aircrafts/models as time passes.

Else there is no difference between the 2 columns. As in the case of the B-17G u get 135 a month from replacement and 115 from the on map factories for a total of 250 starting 45-09. Assuming u havent lost the on map factories.

Note. I've heard ppl say that production is more reliable than replacement as should u more closely get the number of aricraft as indicated. I find that not to be true, but i could be wrong. Atm in one game Im only get 1/4 of the total which i statistically should have gotten of PBY-5As for example which come from an on map factory, there for being production. So i strongly suspect the math is the same. The monthly number being an estimate with a chance of X/30 per day for both types.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 7/23/2013 3:56:41 PM >

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/23/2013 3:57:01 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc

Yes that is a wrong impression. The allied do in fact have some aircraft factories. Mainly on the CONSUS West coast, but a few in aussieland/canada plus 2 in russian territory too. Most starts in R&D mode and doesnt start to produce until later on/when ever the aircrafts gets online that it produce. Note there is no Allied R&D so they come when stated and cant come early.

So the production column is what those aircraft factories produce and replacement is those that enter via replacements. Usually replacements has a start end date unlike factories that has a start date and then possibly upgrades to other aircrafts/models as time passes.

Else there is no difference between the 2 columns. As in the case of the B-17G u get 135 a month from replacement and 115 fromn the on map factories for a total of 250 starting 45-09. Assuming u havent lost the on map factories.

Note. I've heard ppl say that production is more reliable than replacement as should u more closely get the number of aricraft as indicated. I find that not to be true, but i could be wrong. Atm in one game Im only get 1/4 of the total which i statistically should have gotten of PBY-5As for example which come from an on map factory, there for being production. So i strongly suspect the math is the same. The monthly number being an estimate with a chance of X/30 per day.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

Yes, this helps greatly! Thanks!

Now, a follow-up question. Can the allied player convert R&D factories to production factories? And, can he expand production factories? I hope the answer to both of these is "No". Otherwise, it looks like the allied player can produce insane numbers of 4Es and win the game just by using these beasts.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/23/2013 4:02:41 PM   
Quixote

No conversions or expansions allowed. The Allies can halt production or decide not to upgrade a factory, but that's it.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 4
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/23/2013 4:09:12 PM   
Walloc

Forum eat my post but its alrdy answered.

(in reply to Quixote)
Post #: 5
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/23/2013 4:25:41 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Quixote

No conversions or expansions allowed. The Allies can halt production or decide not to upgrade a factory, but that's it.

Thanks for helping me get this stuff straightened out.

But this brings up a follow-up question. Why would the Allies halt production or decide not to upgrade? Are there any advantages to these choices?

(in reply to Quixote)
Post #: 6
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/23/2013 4:43:44 PM   
Walloc

Guess i need to sue Matrix for eating my post earlier. As i did answer that part, in my eaten post. Its not like ctrl-C works.....

Stop production, no. As u always will have an abundance of HIs less u reaaaaaaaaaaallly play badly and i do mean reaaally as in u lost the game way before that. Its essentially free. Why stop any thing thats for free in a game situasion like this.

Stop upgrading, in short no. That said. There is one case where u could IMO can argue to keep the old production. Has to do with the aussie beaufort factory. U lose torp carrying production/capabilties and if u have no pools when the Beaufort 8 upgrades to the Beaufigther 21. U could possibly want to stop the upgrade tho it obviously is a question of trade offs. Its late in game and is mostly theoritical, but well u asked.

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 7/23/2013 4:49:49 PM >

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 7
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/23/2013 5:19:58 PM   
geofflambert

I think I've seen some players talk about shutting down HI in China.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 8
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/23/2013 5:50:30 PM   
Walloc

China? u dont mean Australia? to save fuel?
Until such a time where the supply lines can garantied keep up with the fuel useage for both Ships and HI.

Any how u can shut down both the HIs in Australia and China and still stock pile more HIs than u can find uses for.

Rasmus

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 9
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/23/2013 6:27:32 PM   
geofflambert

I've never run out of fuel in Australia for more than 2 days. I don't know what everyone's problem is getting it there. Never have run out in NZ either. But you're right, I have heard that.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 10
RE: Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khy... - 7/24/2013 10:54:00 AM   
Banzan

I'm not sure, but i think spare HI can be used for LCU upgrades, at least there is a "used" shown in the replacment pool tab. I did stop the production of Wirraways till some time ago, but stopped duing so when i noticed i keep forgetting to turn it back on to get the factory upgrade and Bommerangs.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question #1 on Allied Aircraft Replacements (No Khyberbill Please) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI