I am looking for 1 ship, three men and one woman. Note that this is not a WWII quiz.
1) Before I was commissioned I was reduced in size.
2) I have had several RN ships named after me.
3) My Finest Hour occurred January 13, 1797.
4) One of my namesakes was a carrier.
1) I was a Admiral.
2) I traded in slaves.
Number two was Sir John Hawkins as answered by warspite1.
1) I was a General.
2) I gained fame for my battles but it could be argued that I committed genocide.
3) I have fought in many countries. Among them Spain, Greece, France, Italy, England and Egypt.
4) During my career I also held important religious offices.
(I have might been a bit evil with clue three. I just didn't want to make the clue to easy. )
1) I gained fame for my expeditions.
2) I disappeared while flying a rescue mission.
Number four was Roald Amundsen as answered by warspite1.
1) I lost my head.
2) At least one movie have been made of my life.
3) My husband was beheaded the same day that I was later executed.
Number five was Lady Jane Grey, Queen of England, as answered by warspite1.
No googling, please
< Message edited by Orm -- 6/29/2013 9:22:40 PM >
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett