Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld since 1.9.0.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld since 1.9.0.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld since... - 6/8/2013 1:34:53 PM   
DrWolfsherz

Hi, I noticed that when starting a fresh game with 1.9.0.5 that I always get a second race on my Homeworld.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

edit:
Well, ok. After starting the tenth game I got a planet with only my own race. So it seems random I suppose. But it happens quite too often IMHO.

< Message edited by Wolfsherz -- 6/8/2013 1:43:44 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 1:47:13 PM   
Shuul

Are we playing the same game? Never got second race on homeworld :)

(in reply to DrWolfsherz)
Post #: 2
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 1:48:01 PM   
Osito

I don't know the answer to this question, but I've also had it happen. Not as frequently as 9 times out of 10. I don't recall seeing it before 1.9.0.5.

(in reply to DrWolfsherz)
Post #: 3
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 2:02:40 PM   
Tree Dog

It also happens in 1.9.0.4.
I made a galaxy as small as possible to test something quick, and my human empire started on the Teekan homeworld (in the system actually called "Teeka"). Ended up with 8 billions humans and 4 billions teekans or so.

I think it's been added in Shadows, can't recall anyone mentioning that ever, before Shadows.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shuul

Are we playing the same game? Never got second race on homeworld :)

And so ? I never saw the Americas myself, does it mean we don't live on the same planet ?

(in reply to Shuul)
Post #: 4
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 5:16:44 PM   
Plant

Screenshot please? It sounds really cool actually, since you get to start off with the bonuses with which other race provide you.

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 5
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 7:09:31 PM   
Mad Igor

and a risk of rebellion at home world

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 6
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 7:19:06 PM   
Shark7

It's actually random, and has happened since the original game.

Luck of the draw is all.

If you don't like them, just recruit some troops and set the policy to exterminate...it gets rid of them.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Mad Igor)
Post #: 7
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 7:55:10 PM   
Plant

I've never had this happen, and I've played 20+ games.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 8
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 7:59:10 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Plant

I've never had this happen, and I've played 20+ games.

It isn't common, but does happen. You can also end up with an enemy empire in the same system with you. Again rare, but does happen.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 9
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 10:27:32 PM   
Ardryn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

It isn't common, but does happen. You can also end up with an enemy empire in the same system with you. Again rare, but does happen.

Good lord I had this happen to me in my last game, it was an incredible pain in the heiny, because the game decided that the system was always in the other guy's territory, preventing either of us from building anything beyond our homeworlds. To top it off, we were both races that hated each other, eventually I just said screw it, declared war, and wiped them out. Set me back a little, but not enough to prevent a win.
Other than the aggrevation of no building, it was kind of cool to have an "early warp" era war.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 10
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 11:08:36 PM   
Astax

Guys, the fact that both of those things can happen is awesome!

(in reply to Ardryn)
Post #: 11
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/8/2013 11:30:31 PM   
Ardryn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Astax

Guys, the fact that both of those things can happen is awesome!

It was definitely awesome, and not just because I was/am playing a cobbled together Federation of Planets in the Extended DW mod. I just wish we could have also built stuff all over the system to fight over, rather than just having a back-and-forth over each other's homeworld and its stations, as I let the game run for a year or two after we both had warp.

(in reply to Astax)
Post #: 12
RE: Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld s... - 6/9/2013 2:02:05 AM   
Azuran

In an Extended Shadows game I was Human and part of my homeworld pouplation was Xhumans, and my closest rival were Xhumans lol

(in reply to Ardryn)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Why do I end up with another race on my homeworld since 1.9.0.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI