Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Silly question about the AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Silly question about the AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Silly question about the AI - 3/1/2013 5:33:33 PM   
jesuswhywhy

Is it worth playing an epic game with low tech levels and watching it progress? Does the AI research stagnate? Does it search for unclaimed stuff?

I seemed to notice it not after quite some hours I decided to try the game editor and ramp up the ai tech level. All of a sudden hey presto AI completely changes, since I think its tech Is now way ahead of mine.

So since tech level plays a huge part how should I set this up to get an, yet not stagnate an epic game?

Post #: 1
RE: Silly question about the AI - 3/1/2013 5:57:24 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesuswhywhy

Is it worth playing an epic game with low tech levels and watching it progress? Does the AI research stagnate? Does it search for unclaimed stuff?

I seemed to notice it not after quite some hours I decided to try the game editor and ramp up the ai tech level. All of a sudden hey presto AI completely changes, since I think its tech Is now way ahead of mine.
So since tech level plays a huge part how should I set this up to get an, yet not stagnate an epic game?

I think the AI claims stuff... I have run across pirate factions that have ships I can shoot up in 30 seconds but they have one ship that has -- how can I say it politely -- tailing kicking abilities that gut a fleet.

And my opinion is that the AI research does not stagnate at all...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to jesuswhywhy)
Post #: 2
RE: Silly question about the AI - 3/2/2013 5:37:22 PM   
jesuswhywhy

I cranked all techs at 3, im having a much better time whoop, much how i prefer :)

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 3
RE: Silly question about the AI - 3/3/2013 8:52:34 PM   
jesuswhywhy

n/a

< Message edited by jesuswhywhy -- 3/3/2013 9:10:36 PM >

(in reply to jesuswhywhy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Silly question about the AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI