Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Space Hulk

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Space Hulk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Space Hulk - 12/10/2012 5:37:21 PM   
wodin

Space Hulk has sort of been announced..it's a game I feel Slitherine should have spoke to GW about turning some of their games into PC games.

I hope it's turn based otherwise SH wouldn't work.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/10/space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk/#comment-1151996

Edit to say it is turn based!!

"Storm bolters, power fists, bulky suits of Terminator armour and a claustrophobic corridor full of Genestealers. Space Hulk is one of our classic games that's attracted a cult following over the years and many an evening has been spent by hobbyists pounding up and down cramped passageways blasting Genestealers into bloody chunks. Well there's good news on the horizon because computer games developer Full Control have started work on a new Space Hulk computer game.

You take command of a strike force of Blood Angels Terminators as they make their way through the close confines of the Space Hulk - Sin of Damnation. It's a turn-based game that emulates the look and feel of the board game, but with full 3D animation. Genestealers lurk menacingly while the Terminators use their action points, bolter rounds tear down corridors in overwatch cut-scenes and whole sections of corridor are set alight as the heavy flamer hoses them down. There's a lot of exciting features to this game, which will be coming out next year on PC, Mac and iOS. I'll be sure to post teaser pictures on White Dwarf Daily when I get them. Until then, make sure you check out the Space Hulk website to find out more about it. Now, seeing as Terminators and Genestealers are very much the theme for today, here are a few pictures of them that you've sent in.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=6300032-gws&_requestid=214045&_requestid=178701

Finally GW are letting someone do a turn based game and making it similar to the boardgame!! Me thinks they've seen the success of XCom and decided that turn based isn't dead after all. I hope to see Chaos Gate returns maybe!!

< Message edited by wodin -- 12/10/2012 5:44:19 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Space Hulk - 12/10/2012 5:45:17 PM   
catwhoorg

Wasn't this done before ages ago, maybe the 90's ?

Still should be interesting.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Space Hulk - 12/10/2012 6:01:11 PM   
Wolfe1759

There was a Space Hulk for the PS1 can't remember if it was turn based, though I do recall it looking a lot like DOOM.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 3
RE: Space Hulk - 12/10/2012 6:27:03 PM   
wodin

Yeah a Space Hulk was made..but had a first person view and a isometric viewpoint..was a decent game for it's day..
Alien Assault 2 looks like it's going to be superb..will have a campaign and Galaxies etc etc..you can get in on the development side of things by going to the forum..

http://www.teardown.se/index.html

(in reply to Wolfe1759)
Post #: 4
RE: Space Hulk - 12/10/2012 11:30:00 PM   
Hertston

There was a really rather good indie freeware version a few years ago

....... until GW's lawyers unsurprisingly pulled the plug on it. So the devs re-titled it 'Alien Assault', and everyone expected GW to pull the plug again, but as far as I know they never did. It's still out there if you hunt around.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Space Hulk - 12/11/2012 12:37:55 AM   
wodin

Herston see my post above yours...AA 2 is in development aswell and it seems it's going to be a dman fine game..campaigns and galaxies etc etc. You can have input over at the forum.

With AA they had to change some things..but modders sorted it out..same thing will happen with AA2..but they are expanding away abit from WH40K boardgame and really adding alot more content.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 6
RE: Space Hulk - 12/11/2012 1:02:40 AM   
Hertston

My bad. Half asleep.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Space Hulk Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages