Placename font issue

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

RedLion

Placename font issue

Post by RedLion »

Hello. Could somebody please let me know what I got wrong with placename fonts? Is there a way to get rid of the ugly grey background? I made some changes in Opart 3 Fonts.ini file, but without any success. I'm using Telumar's brilliant mod. Many thanks in advance.
Attachments
Capture1.jpg
Capture1.jpg (29.65 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Veni, vidi, perdidi
RedLion

RE: Placename font issue

Post by RedLion »

And I embedded picture as well...

Attachments
Capture1.jpg
Capture1.jpg (29.65 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Veni, vidi, perdidi
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: RedLion

Hello. Could somebody please let me know what I got wrong with placename fonts? Is there a way to get rid of the ugly grey background? I made some changes in Opart 3 Fonts.ini file, but without any success. I'm using Telumar's brilliant mod. Many thanks in advance.

You have Text Contrast set to "Highlight" or "Maximum". Set it back to "Standard". This is done via the "Options" pulldown.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
RedLion

Post by RedLion »

Thanks General LeMay. I changed indeed Text Contrast from 'Highlight' to 'Standard' and re-started TOAW III. Unfortunately the grey background behind place names is still there!
Veni, vidi, perdidi
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: RedLion

Thanks General LeMay. I changed indeed Text Contrast from 'Highlight' to 'Standard' and re-started TOAW III. Unfortunately the grey background behind place names is still there!

Ok, then you have Background=Y under the [PlaceNameFont] in the Opart Font.ini. Set it to "N".
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
RedLion

Post by RedLion »

This did the job! Thanks again for your guidance General LeMay.
Veni, vidi, perdidi

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”