Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GD 42 AAR, a must read.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> GD 42 AAR, a must read. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GD 42 AAR, a must read. - 10/30/2012 9:10:55 AM   
wodin

Another game I truly wish there was a PC conversion. This game like no other recreates combat at this level where it really does come out with historical results. The mechanics are amazing, the visual design fantastic (I tried to get as near as possible to the map colours here for my Tigers Unleashed Map Mod).

This AAR was played over a period of three and a half years, due to the way they where playing using a GM referee with players taking over particular regiments, playing double blind.

http://gd42replay.wordpress.com/game/

SO many amazing board wargames out there that really need a digital version with AI...alot of these games have far better mechanics than our PC wargames. They also look alot better aswell..which is sad.

GD 42 game mechanics have never been done in a PC wargame yet. Where you have to write up your combat operations and then try and stick with them. Not sure 100% how it works but it does mean this is a game you can play solo.

< Message edited by wodin -- 10/30/2012 9:14:29 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: GD 42 AAR, a must read. - 10/30/2012 1:02:18 PM   
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Again, another good board game that would make a great conversion. And yes, I agree with you; I love those graphics they use with the boardgame look.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: GD 42 AAR, a must read. - 10/30/2012 2:53:03 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Thanks Wodin, I have that game but haven't played it yet.  The system for the game is great, along with MMP's operational series.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to SapperAstro_MatrixForum)
Post #: 3
RE: GD 42 AAR, a must read. - 10/30/2012 3:45:13 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: SapperAstro

Again, another good board game that would make a great conversion. And yes, I agree with you; I love those graphics they use with the boardgame look.

Yes it would make a great conversion. And those graphics are fantastic.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to SapperAstro_MatrixForum)
Post #: 4
RE: GD 42 AAR, a must read. - 10/30/2012 6:00:55 PM   
wodin

Thanks for the support lads, thats what we need lots of people saying yes we want this..you are right Mr Parusski..I am on a righteous campaign..nothing has been seen like this since the Crusades..no matter the side you where on.

I'm more than willing to contact boardgame designers for Matrix and try and get this to happen..whatever it takes in leg work I will do. Matrix could become the boardgame conversion company..then the boardgame publishers like GMT will not and hey ho you get the contracts to make their games then more publishers will be crying out for the games to be converted. Lets do it Matrix...

< Message edited by wodin -- 10/30/2012 6:05:18 PM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> GD 42 AAR, a must read. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI