Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need Help finding a Game!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Need Help finding a Game! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need Help finding a Game! - 10/23/2012 7:40:49 PM   
radic202

As usual coming to these wonderful Forums to ask my gaming-brethren for some invaluable help.

I would like to make a change from my regular WW2, WW1 and even Civil War battle games and would love to tackle some of Alexander the Great famous battles i.e.: Battle of Hydaspes and even the Battle of Gaugamela where Alexander won great strategic battles against lopsided numbers.

The only PC game I can think of and I have never played any of them would be "The Field of Glory" series, and if that is the game, there are like a bunch of extra scenarios/battle-packs, so would not know where to even begin. I would prefer to remain within the Macedonian King's Campaigns but I am willing to expand and try other eras.

Can any of you help me out please? Or even suggest another title if there is one?

As usual, thanks in advance for your invaluable help!

And on another topic, I have always wanted to try some Zulu/Great Britain Campaigns, but have no idea where to even find any games that may offer those scenarios.

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Post #: 1
RE: Need Help finding a Game! - 10/23/2012 7:46:24 PM   
stormbringer3

HPS has titles that are in the ancient era.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 2
RE: Need Help finding a Game! - 10/23/2012 8:05:58 PM   
radic202

quote:

ORIGINAL: stormbringer3

HPS has titles that are in the ancient era.

Thanks I did find this:

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

Will check some forums before committing but this is a good start! Not that familiar with the HPS gaming style or their HPS Ancient Warfare engine though, but am willing to take a look at it.

Thanks a bunch.

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 3
RE: Need Help finding a Game! - 10/23/2012 8:44:46 PM   
wodin

HPS Rome Civil Wars is supposed to be very good indeed..it also has just had a fee mini expansion covering the fights against the german barbarians..

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 4
RE: Need Help finding a Game! - 10/23/2012 8:51:29 PM   
Rtwfreak

Matrixgames Tin Soldiers : Alexander http://www.matrixgames.com/store/298/Tin.Soldiers:.Alexander.the.Great.

Great Battles of Alexander if you can find the old boxed copy of it. Probably Ebay maybe Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Interactive-Magic-Great-Battles-Alexander/dp/B0002KV4XA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_3

Total War Alexander: http://www.amazon.com/Rome-Total-Alexander-Expansion-Download/dp/B00405RA3Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1351021721&sr=1-1&keywords=great+battles+of+alexander

There's some others rts clickies but I don't think you'd be interested in those.

Highly recommend the HPS series though as those are very detailed and more in the intermediate to advanced stages of gameplay.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Need Help finding a Game! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI