Hello to all stellar commanders,
I updated to the last patch (184.108.40.206, right?), and played several games, but here is a serious problem that screw up all my new games: starting ships and starting designs has no more shield nor weapon...
I don't know if it's normal, if it's wanted. It could have been a good thing - "hey, we're starting space exploration, no use of shield and weapon... for now" - but it's poor as hell. AIs just don't upgrade, and thus during a far, far too long time. So every games look the same and are nastily easy.
Here's an exemple that happened today:
- I started the game as Ketarov communists
- My neighboor was a Boskara. He declares war on me 'cause I engaged pirates.
- I design and build like 8-10 frigates and 5 troop transports (I obviously add shields and weapons)
- I launch my frigate fleet to his homeworld. I'll lost like 2-3 frigates before destroying the LSP that has weapons (but no shield..), every enemy ships around it are also doomed because they have no weapons.
- I launch my troop transports. He had nearly no troops on his planet. New 10k inhabitants/slaves to my newly born empire...
That's just super-annoying. I could rip apart anyone.
So... is it a bug or a "new feature"?