Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) BabesLite-B

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) BabesLite-B Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/20/2014 8:25:13 AM   
JocMeister

So I was hoping to get a some turns done while Erik was away and perhaps do a more substantial update for the AAR. Instead we spend the week not doing any turns while Joseph wants this result checked out.

quote:

Ground combat at 70,48 (near Kunming)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 64044 troops, 628 guns, 195 vehicles, Assault Value = 2237

Defending force 20826 troops, 85 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 737

Japanese adjusted assault: 655

Allied adjusted defense: 565

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: disruption(-)

Japanese ground losses:
4223 casualties reported
Squads: 239 destroyed, 232 disabled
Non Combat: 29 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 24 destroyed, 23 disabled
Guns lost 84 (46 destroyed, 38 disabled)
Vehicles lost 7 (4 destroyed, 3 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
384 casualties reported
Squads: 5 destroyed, 105 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 19 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 6 (2 destroyed, 4 disabled)

Joseph overstacked the hex with almost x4 the numbers. My units were within SL, had around 50% supply and all but one had level 2 forts. The hex is x3 terrain (mountain). He has done 2 days of small aerial bombardments. No ground bombardments at all. I don´t see anything odd with this. A week ago he trashed 2 Corps guarding another mountain hex. Strangely enough there were no talk about "looking into results" then.

quote:

Ground combat at 69,49 (near Kunming)

Attacking force 17237 troops, 134 guns, 134 vehicles, Assault Value = 645

Defending force 11384 troops, 69 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 422

Japanese adjusted assault: 500

Allied adjusted defense: 142

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1

Combat modifiers
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
432 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 55 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 4 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Vehicles lost 10 (1 destroyed, 9 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
1703 casualties reported
Squads: 87 destroyed, 61 disabled
Non Combat: 119 destroyed, 60 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 5 disabled
Guns lost 5 (2 destroyed, 3 disabled)
Units retreated 2

I find these constant delays and "issues" an absolute drain on moral and motivation. Apparently I
quote:

won China simply by occupying 3x terrain and the combat routine now treats each and every hex as an atoll. Hardly realistic, but I want clarification.
Now he wants to start bomb the Chinese industry that is left too. I guess the allies in China really are too easy after all...

To top it off Joseph didn´t tell me he wanted the turn looked into until 2 turns later so I now spent about 4-6 hours sorting out pilots, leaders, convoys and prepp while I had time off from my other game. Its been a long time since my heart was in this game. I should have gone with my instinct and dropped this one a long time ago. But now I´m in that awkward situation where I invested so much time I´m hanging on to it just because I don´t want to have invested in it in vain. But what do you do when everything is screaming at you to get out before you waste more time...

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 151
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/20/2014 9:06:37 AM   
JocMeister

Reading my own post kind of made me reach the decision. I don´t have any motivation or fun with this game and there is really no point in playing on.

I´ve just sent Joseph an email telling him I´m out. If Joseph accepts a replacement player is anyone willing to pick this up? A word of warning though: I think the game is extremely unlikely to reach the end of the war or even the end of 43. It´s no secrete that this game isn´t friction free. If you still feel interested despite all this PM me and I´ll provide the details.

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 2/20/2014 10:24:21 AM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 152
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/20/2014 9:17:41 AM   
morejeffs

Those allied bastards...Hiding in good defensive terrain. You should stay out in the open so you can be slaughtered like an appreciative opponent!

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 153
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/20/2014 2:39:47 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Reading my own post kind of made me reach the decision. I don´t have any motivation or fun with this game and there is really no point in playing on.

I´ve just sent Joseph an email telling him I´m out. If Joseph accepts a replacement player is anyone willing to pick this up? A word of warning though: I think the game is extremely unlikely to reach the end of the war or even the end of 43. It´s no secrete that this game isn´t friction free. If you still feel interested despite all this PM me and I´ll provide the details.

This one has always seemed to limp a bit. Your Obvert game was your first love. Squeeze also just started a game with Chickenboy, so I expect he''ll be busy.

And you'll have diaper hands x2, so this game was on borrowed time regardless.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 2/20/2014 3:40:12 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 154
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/20/2014 4:15:15 PM   
JocMeister

Yeah, in my heart this game has been over for a while. I guess the lesson to take away from this one is that if your gut tells you very early on its not going to work its not going to work. I wish Joseph the best of luck in his other game. He has declined a replacement player so this game is now officially over.

VP score stopped at 25600:8900. So a very comfortable score from an allied perspective going into 43 with a completely intact Air force, Navy and Army.

My next game will absolutely be a full blown DBB game. Still not sure there will be "another game" though. I had always intended for this one to be my replacement game once Eriks and my game was done. But now I´m not sure I´ll pick up another one after that. Never say never though!

Ah well. Signing out for good I guess! See you in my other AAR!

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 155
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/20/2014 11:31:10 PM   
Wuffer

Did I miss something in the quoted CR? 6% (six-of-hundred) japanese casualities by attacking in bad terrain... Well, at least it was a decisive defense.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 156
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/21/2014 1:08:54 AM   
PaxMondo

Sorry to see the game end ...

Pax

(in reply to Wuffer)
Post #: 157
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/21/2014 6:05:46 PM   
Symon

I was asked to look into this by several people, so I did. And it’s WAD. Joseph sent me the savegame, and I captured the area/units of interest and ran it under 3 different executables; 1123r, 1117, and mine. Ran it with and without stacking limits. Ran it with launch from desktop, so all random seeds are different.

Can’t help one without helping the other, so I’ll post this on both ya’lls AARs.

The executable (Beta) has nothing to do with the result. It is statistically the same no matter what Beta you use.

Stacking limits have a significant result vector, but not anywhere close to the “blame game”.

Avg results under all Betas, with SLs:
Attacking force 64857 troops, 627 guns, 194 vehicles, Assault Value = 2234
Defending force 20956 troops, 88 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 726
Japanese adjusted assault: 746
Allied adjusted defense: 659
Combat modifiers
Japanese ground losses:
6022 casualties reported
Allied ground losses:
869 casualties reported

Avg results under all Betas, without SLs:
Attacking force 64857 troops, 627 guns, 194 vehicles, Assault Value = 2234
Defending force 20956 troops, 88 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 726
Japanese adjusted assault: 804
Allied adjusted defense: 460
Combat modifiers
Japanese ground losses:
3345 casualties reported
Allied ground losses:
1172 casualties reported

So the attacker would have got whacked, no matter what the limits. As to disruption, the avg SL hit was in the 60-80s. The avg non-SL hit was in the 40-60s. That says, to me, that SLs are working exactly as intended. The attacker wanted to play “big stack” and got penalized for it. He would have lost in any case, in stock, but he lost bigger with SLs because he didn’t use the little grey cells.

Please don’t blame SLs for bad results due to lack of proper planning. Thank you.

Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 158
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/21/2014 6:57:02 PM   
JocMeister

Hey Symon,

Thanks for sharing the info. Just want to make it very clear that I never had any issues with the result. My opponent did.

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 159
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/21/2014 7:27:10 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
Hey Symon,

Thanks for sharing the info. Just want to make it very clear that I never had any issues with the result. My opponent did.

I know. This is just how I choose to express my responsibility. One side asks, and if it's worth answering, then both sides get the answer. I don't take sides.

Hey, Dude, you get this for free !! Ciao. JWE

Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 160
RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) ... - 2/21/2014 7:42:18 PM   
JocMeister

I love free stuff!

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 2/21/2014 8:56:12 PM >

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 161
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Making Lemonade: JocMeister (A) vs. SqzMyLemon (J) BabesLite-B Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI