Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps first peak!

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

sonicattack

RE: Panzer Corps: Akrika Korps first peak!

Post by sonicattack »

Looking forward to it!!
Robert Nelson
parusski

Post by parusski »

Just what I have been waiting for. Well, one of many things...
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I would like to see some Matrix forum members to contribute in this thread:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=33865
Hellcat 707 Hp

Post by Hellcat 707 Hp »

Yes we get to play Rommel.
Loyalty Is My Honor
crismac_slith

Post by crismac_slith »

Nice,can't wait.Really enjoying the game since I bought it about a month ago.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Will this be an option for iPad in the future?
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I bet all the Grand Campaign DLC's will come in a package. And Afrika Corps will be an expansion.
It doesn't make sense to remain restricted to PC.
What are the plans regarding BA's expansions? I suppose they are going to release it also for the other platforms, Mac, iPad and Android.
The difference will be the time of release. PC will be first, and the other platforms will have the "ironed" version, if any patch will be needed at all.
dsawan

Post by dsawan »

thx for update. can't wait for this.
buffalo24a

RE: Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps first peak!

Post by buffalo24a »

Great news! Look forward to it. Guess next is DLCs on the West
RPKUPK

BORING

Post by RPKUPK »

Let me guess--a long string of victories even decisive ones results in a loss of North Africa, Sicily, Italy and the war. Why waste your time and money? It's all pointless.
parusski

RE: BORING

Post by parusski »

It's all pointless.

What is?
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
RPKUPK

Post by RPKUPK »

Playing Panzer Corps! Boom, boom, boom! Big deal! Decisive victories that don't alter any outcome. A decisive victory, more "bad news", another battle, another decisive victory, more bad news, another decisive victory, another battle. Pointless. A waste of time. Read a history book!
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

You couldn`t be more wrong we will add some nice alternative historic outcomes in Afrika on top of in scenario side missions and even dynamic changing victory conditions within certain scenarios.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

RPKUPK his complaining about DLC being historical. But that was what most people were asking in the forums, a more historical approach for the path campaign.
Most didn't want the alternative. A demand for more alternative scenarios campaign is only appearing in the last months.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

[:)]
RPKUPK

Post by RPKUPK »

Thank you, Lord!
I hope you guys request a back-engineering of Panzer Corps to reward the
faithful that have been buying the expansion campaigns---either as a fix or
add-on scenarios for purchase. It's beyond me that winning long strings of
decisive victories results in the same outcome as a long string of decisive
defeats. Just plain illogical. A simulation should allow for examining
factors important to a historical path yet allow for alternate outcomes.
Otherwise, like I said, go read a history book. Please add a historical path button and an alternate outcome button when a campaign opens.
Please fix the problem of unit factors that remain unchanged after many
medals and awards. Change the unit characteristic unit factors, please.
Consider allowing for exchange of units during campaign battle---that is, units in reserve! Or, add a random occasional reinforcement! Like in real battle. Everything need not be scripted. This allows for MORE FUN and interest as each replay game can be
different rather than a rote exercise in history!
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

OP: It's beyond me that winning long strings of decisive victories results in the same outcome as a long string of decisive defeats.

I have all the expansions, but haven't played them, of course. Assuming OP is correct on the above quote - and no one says he's not - this sounds ridiculous. Maybe the issue has come up in another thread? I assume the player is at least rewarded in some way for his efforts with more units, points, etc? Sorry I am clueless, but want to see what I am getting into before devoting the time to a campaign. Thanks
RPKUPK

Post by RPKUPK »

That's the point rosseau--I have played all the expansion campaigns ('39--'44). Yes, your core units gain in strength and capabilities which leads to the potential for more victories. But without fail, after decisive victories, where one eliminates every enemy unit(!)--successfully breaking out of Stalingrad, crushing the Russians at Kursk, etc.--you get more bad news and get shunted on to the next historical calamity. Win there and the same thing. You end up with powerful upgraded very capable core units (level 15 Tiger IIs, level 15 Me-262s) that lose strategically no matter what.
Supposedly this is going to change with the upcoming Afrika Korps expansion. I have requested that they issue a fix or back-engineer to allow for alternate outcomes.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Yes, a little strategic chrome would be nice. I bought the expansions for the extra scenarios, and quite wonderful they can be edited, too. So don't want to be too hard on 'em - it's a great system - and will only get better with constructive input.

Return to “Panzer Corps”