Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Australian Beauties

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Australian Beauties Page: <<   < prev  326 327 [328] 329 330   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 6:08:49 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I was going to go for Dollys for the last contestant. But can go for one of these two if you want. Just let me know. However Game 16 being blank is non-negotiable - there has to be a best runner-up slot.

Why not take the 3 "best" second placed ladies, and put them in for a vote in game 16? And with best I do not necessarily mean votes. The quality of the opposition should perhaps be considered as well.

I've always been uncomfortable with the "best runner-up" because it so much depends on the opposition in the group.

Sansa Stark, for example, might have been able to knock out other contestants that won their group, but she is down 8 to 2 and wouldn't be considered for a "best" spot. At the moment one of the Geezerbirds have a very good shot to advance for the best runner-up spot and thus advance both from that group. While they are both lovely ladies I am pretty sure that Sansa would be a strong challenger against either of them.

Intend attacking at dawn high water.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9811
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 6:15:33 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

I was going to go for Dollys for the last contestant. But can go for one of these two if you want. Just let me know. However Game 16 being blank is non-negotiable - there has to be a best runner-up slot.

Why not take the 3 "best" second placed ladies, and put them in for a vote in game 16? And with best I do not necessarily mean votes. The quality of the opposition should perhaps be considered as well.

I've always been uncomfortable with the "best runner-up" because it so much depends on the opposition in the group.

Sansa Stark, for example, might have been able to knock out other contestants that won their group, but she is down 8 to 2 and wouldn't be considered for a "best" spot. At the moment one of the Geezerbirds have a very good shot to advance for the best runner-up spot and thus advance both from that group. While they are both lovely ladies I am pretty sure that Sansa would be a strong challenger against either of them.

Interesting. Perhaps a 1-10 rating system instead of either/or? But would that make us like a dating site?

Isn't it time Sansa got a new boyfriend/husband? Assuming she hasn't given up after her last one.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 9812
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 7:55:56 PM   
GaryChildress

Wig? What wig?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9813
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 8:25:42 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: GaryChildress

Wig? What wig?

warspite1

She is playing an actress, playing Lady Sansa, in a down market, street theatre, production. It's intentional. Look at the make-up.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 9814
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 8:26:38 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

We can take a vote on best runner up.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 9815
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 8:57:58 PM   
Orm

Splendid.

Now I just need a brilliant plan to make sure that the right candidate wins.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9816
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 9:12:09 PM   
Zorch

quote:

Splendid.

A cunning plan?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 9817
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 9:14:27 PM   
Orm

A cunning plan will have to do, if I can not come up with a brilliant one.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 9818
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 10:17:16 PM   
warspite1

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT UNLESS YOU ARE UP TO SERIES 7

Time to kick off game 15. Remember the voting remains open for all rounds until I say it isn't. So this is the last of the games. The 15 winners will proceed to the next round along with one unluckiest loser (to be voted for at the close of the 1st Round).

ATOATOOGOTBC 2019

Round 1 - Game 15 (The view looks more pleasant in the south)

Missandei (Nathalie Emmanuel)

A former slave, working for Krasnys in Astapor, she was freed by the MoD and has been her constant companion and confidante ever since. Where will she end up? Well with Greyworm looking out for her she should be safe (assuming he survives the coming battle) but I suspect her fate will very much depend on that of the MoD herself.

Vs

Nymeria Sand (Jessica Henwick)

The Sand Snakes, and Dorne generally, got a lot of bad press but I think that both provided something interesting to the series. All three 'Snakes' are now dead - two at the hands of Euron Greyjoy, and the third at the hands (or rather, the lips) of Cersei (see above)

Attachment (2)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/22/2019 10:22:45 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9819
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 10:24:37 PM   
elmo3

Game 15: Missandei

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9820
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 10:25:16 PM   
warspite1

ATOATOOGOTBC 2019

Okay so after the latest round of voting, where we at? Well there's some really close contests here - the psychos continue to battle it out - Myranda edging ahead - and there is nothing between the geezerbirds. Come on peeps, these ladies need your votes!

Round 1

Game 1 (Psycho Be-ach from Hell)

Lady Melisdandre - 5 (warspite1, Chickenboy, USSAmerica, Challerain, terje439)
Myranda - 6 (Orm, elmo3, KingHart, Lecivius, Zorch, reg113)
Neither strikes my fancy - 1 (Twotribes)

There's always one....
Spoilt papers - 1 (Zorch)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game 2 (Young ladies wot got murdered by The Long Farewell courtesy of a kiss from the mother of the other one)

Myrcella - 2 (Zorch, Challerain)
Tyene - 10 (warspite1, Chickenboy, Two Tribes (under protest), elmo3, Orm, USSAmerica, KingHart. Lecivius, terje439, reg113)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game 3 (Hot Dothraki Babes wot meet nasty ends - but at least one was relatively quick)

Doreah - 5 (Orm, USSAmerica, elmo3, Lecivius, Zorch)
Irri - 7 (warspite1, SEEAANNN BBEEAANN!, Chickenboy, KingHart, Challerain, terje439, reg113)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game 4 (Ladies of a certain age - 45 to be precise)

Ellaria - 3 (Lecivius, Zorch, Orm)
Cersei - 7 (warspite1, elmo3, USSAmerica, KingHart, Challerain, terje439, reg113)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game 5 (Good looking, fair haired chap. GSOH. King. 19yrs old, seeks a Queen. Must be submissive, pretty, totally up for physical and mental abuse and mustn't mind the odd bit of abject humiliation. No time wasters please.)

Margaery - 8 (warspite1, elmo3, Lecivius, USSAmerica, KingHart, Challerain, Orm, reg113)
Sansa - 2 (Zorch, terje439)

Game 6 (Geezerbirds!)

Brienne - 4.5 (wars, USSAmerica, Lecivius, Challerain, KingHart)
Yara - 4.5 (pite1, Orm, terje439, Zorch, reg113)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game 7 (I wish I had a pound for every time the word whore was used in GoT)

Shae - 4 (USSAmerica, Orm, Zorch, Kinghart)
Ros - 6 (warspite1, Lecivius, elmo3, Challerain, terje439, reg113)

Game 8 (I've attended some ropey weddings in my time but The Red Wedding probably tops the list)

Roslin - 6 (warspite1, Orm, elmo3, terje439, reg113, Challerain)
Talisa - 3 (Zorch, USSAmerica, KingHart)

Game 9 (A mother's love. A tale of two versions....)

Lady Selyse - 1 (Zorch)
Lady Catelyn - 7 (warspite1, terje439, Orm, USSAmerica, reg113, KingHart, Challerain)

Gane 10 (It's grim ooop north! Wildling vs Northerner Part 1)

Ygritte - 7 (warspite1, terje439, KingHart, elmo3, Lecivius, Challerain, Orm)
Meera - 1 (USSAmerica)

Game 11 (Wildlings!)

Gilly - 7 (warspite1, Orm, elmo3, USSAmerica, KingHart, Lecivius, Challerain)
Orsha - 1 (terje439)

Game 12 (Bit part players....although one may yet feature in the last series)

Karsi - 3 (elmo3, Karsi, Challerain)
Lyanna - 5 (warspite1, Orm, terje439, USSAmerica, KingHart)

Game 13 (Major player meets bit part character)

Arya Stark - 6 (Orm, Lecivius, elmo3, Challerain, USSAmerica, warspite1)
Bianca - 0

Game 14 (Major player meets bit part character Part Deux)

Daenerys Targaryen - 4 (Lecivius, elmo3, Challerain, USSAmerica)
Lady Crane - 1 (warspite1)

Game 15 (The view looks more pleasant in the south)

Missandei - 2 (elmo3, warspite1)
Nymeria Sand - 0

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/22/2019 10:38:05 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9821
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 10:43:08 PM   
warspite1

Okay, all you lurkers - you know who you are - that think they are too good to be seen voting on this thread, well now is the time to take action.

People died so you could have the vote - hell, a lot of the contestants above died horribly so they could have your sympathy - and your vote. Are you seriously not going to use it? Not even for something as important as this?

Come on gents (and ladies), the full list of 30 competitors is now finalised, so it's time to put Democracy into action. Let's see those ballot boxes stuffed to the gills with votes. Do it, you know you want to - or am I going to have to start naming names??

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 4/22/2019 10:49:45 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9822
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 11:30:02 PM   
Zap

Made it late to the voting. Have not visited in a while so when I saw voting for Game of Thrones ladies had to vote.
1.Lady Melisndre
2.Tyrene Sand
3.Doreah
4.Cersi Lanaster
5.Sansa Stark
6.Brienne of Tarth
7.Ros
8.Roslin Tully
9.Lady Selyse
10.Ygritte
11.Gilly
12.Karsi
13.Arya Stark
14.Daenerys Targaryen
15. Nymiria Sand. I'm a sucker for a women warrior.

< Message edited by Zap -- 4/23/2019 6:33:07 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9823
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/22/2019 11:34:06 PM   
KingHart

My votes:

Game 13 - Arya Stark
Game 14 - Daenerys Targaryen
Game 15 - Missandei

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 9824
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 2:58:21 AM   
terje439

Game 13: Arya
Game 14: Daenerys

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to KingHart)
Post #: 9825
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 3:55:40 AM   
Zorch

Game 10 (It's grim ooop north! Wildling vs Northerner Part 1) Meera

Game 11 (Wildlings!) Orsha

Game 12 (Bit part players....although one may yet feature in the last series) Karsi

Game 13 (Major player meets bit part character) Bianca

Game 14 (Major player meets bit part character Part Deux) Lady Crane

Game 15 (The view looks more pleasant in the south) Nymeria Sand

It has come to my attention that one of my choices is ahead. Up with this I will not put. Please change my Round 1 vote to 'Neither strikes my fancy'.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9826
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 4:42:28 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: GaryChildress

Wig? What wig?

warspite1

She is playing an actress, playing Lady Sansa, in a down market, street theatre, production. It's intentional. Look at the make-up.

That explains it then. I thought maybe someone in wardrobe and makeup maybe lost their job after that scene.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9827
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 4:48:22 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

Okay, all you lurkers - you know who you are - that think they are too good to be seen voting on this thread, well now is the time to take action.

People died so you could have the vote - hell, a lot of the contestants above died horribly so they could have your sympathy - and your vote. Are you seriously not going to use it? Not even for something as important as this?

Come on gents (and ladies), the full list of 30 competitors is now finalised, so it's time to put Democracy into action. Let's see those ballot boxes stuffed to the gills with votes. Do it, you know you want to - or am I going to have to start naming names??

My vote is a write in for Michelle Jenneke across the board, all games, all rounds. I love Democracy!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9828
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 1:24:35 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

Attachment (1)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 9829
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 2:53:32 PM   
Chickenboy

Sorry Warspite1, old bean. I temporarily lost leave of my senses and prioritized family, friends and religion this past weekend. Back to what's clearly important in life.

Game 4: Ladies of a Certain Age: Cersei. She's evil, deliciously so. Yum.

Game 5: Margaery Tyrell por favor. She makes me warm all over-like that green fire stuff.

Game 6: Geezerbirds: Brienne of Tarth.

Game 7: (Whiskey Hotel Oscar Romeo Echo): Shae. Had the hots for her since the dwarf took up with her.

Game 8: Close one. But Talisa Stark squeaks by.

Game 9: Abstain. Neither of them do a damn thing for me.

Game 10: Ygritte! Getting to see her...erm...rounded contributions to the show were a high point. Fnar fnar....

Game 11: Gilly.

Game 12: Karsi.

Game 13: Arya.

Game 14: Daenerys makes me hot all over.

Game 15: This one was close until I studied the provided pictures more closely. Both provided...rounded contributions...to the show, but tie goes to the hottie with the whip. Nymeria.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9830
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 2:55:45 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

It has come to my attention that one of my choices is ahead. Up with this I will not put. Please change my Round 1 vote to 'Neither strikes my fancy'.

Well, Zilch, old fruit, it's easy. Don't vote for rubbish and you'll likely witness some of your choices amongst the popular vote too.

If you want a treatise on how to vote, simply follow mine. You can disconnect your brain and connect your...well, never mind.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 9831
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 3:06:11 PM   
USSAmerica

Game 15:
Missandei!!! Another of our very favorites on the show. She is a very beautiful woman!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9832
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 3:09:43 PM   
Lecivius

Hard choice on this one, but I will have to give Nathalie Emmanuel the nod...barely.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9833
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 3:26:41 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

You should invest in fireproof materials ASAP.

I have been married 35 years. I have a full suite of asbestos underwear. That pet lizard has nothing on my wife...

What's with the acrobatic smoke-trailing skydivers in this? This is war against an inhuman foe bent on destruction of mankind, not some Golden Knights show?

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 9834
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 3:35:34 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Well, Zilch, old fruit, it's easy. Don't vote for rubbish and you'll likely witness some of your choices amongst the popular vote too.

If you want a treatise on how to vote, simply follow mine. You can disconnect your brain and connect your...well, never mind.

My ex-wife hid the on/off switch for that 'appliance'. Along with the TV remote.
I respect your good taste...feel free to despise mine.

quote:

I temporarily lost leave of my senses and prioritized family, friends and religion this past weekend.

What's wrong with you, boy? Straiten up and fly right.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9835
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 3:53:20 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

What's with the acrobatic smoke-trailing skydivers in this? This is war against an inhuman foe bent on destruction of mankind, not some Golden Knights show?

No asbestos underwear

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9836
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 6:37:40 PM   
warspite1

quote:

....I temporarily lost leave of my senses and prioritized family, friends and religion this past weekend.

warspite1

Don't be so bloody ridiculous. Glad to see you've - albeit belatedly - attended to more important matters - namely the casting of precious votes.

However, if your comment was in response to my post 9822, then clearly this was not directed at GD regulars like you who refuse to take themselves too seriously and are happy to join in this harmless fun... er sorry I mean vitally important poll. This was for those lurkers seen regularly on the thread but who won't post in case their street cred is damaged

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9837
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 8:10:48 PM   
Lecivius

quote:

However, if your comment was in response to my post 9822, then clearly this was not directed at GD regulars like you who refuse to take themselves too seriously and are happy to join in this harmless fun... er sorry I mean vitally important poll. This was for those lurkers seen regularly on the thread but who won't post in case their street cred is damaged

Then we must shine a light on these individuals!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9838
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/23/2019 10:35:01 PM   
Frido1207

Was just lurking around innocently - and inevitably got caught by good old Warspite.
So here are my votes:

1-Melisandre
2-none
3-Irri
4-Cersei
5-Margaery
6-none
7-Ros
8-Talisa
9-none
10-Ygritte
11-Gilly
12-Karsi
13-none
14-Crane
15-Missandei

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 9839
RE: Australian Beauties - 4/24/2019 1:27:33 AM   
Challerain

(in reply to Frido1207)
Post #: 9840
Page:   <<   < prev  326 327 [328] 329 330   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Australian Beauties Page: <<   < prev  326 327 [328] 329 330   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI