Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
issue - 1/29/2012 10:50:07 PM   
freeboy

I seem to have had issues with planes flying last campeign.. I was meticulas in not overloaded my cv groups... but it just seemed at very un opertune times my fighters would crap out on cap...
I am on my what? 6 th run through if you include the two with the non ae witp.. and someohow I am doing worse.. not whats supposed to happen, and my lba is much improved. well at least not reduced.. Is there some hidden trick to getting your fighters and bombers of the decks?
Better commanders? Changing the admirals? I have always used the standard Halsey Fleatcher etc, good air and leadership and at least ok agression.. BUT seriously... ;last campeigns where a bitc!!!
Post #: 1
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 1:01:20 AM   
freeboy

maybe I need a refresher on basics of airgroup managmenet?
Seriously though, anyone think of an issue I may be missing, I know once it was bad weather, but for cap? I had 250 cap sit and watch enemy planes pound groups in the same hex awefull for 1944 results... If it only happened once maybe.. but several times I had planes bypass the fly  opertunity! crap

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 1:03:01 AM   
Dan Nichols

Didn't mean to step on someones toes.

< Message edited by Dan Nichols -- 1/30/2012 4:43:40 AM >

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 3
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 2:39:07 AM   
Alfred

No, don't transfer this to the tech support sub forum.

Instead clearly identify exactly what is your problem and provide some hard data. Some screen shots would not remiss.

Alfred

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 4
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 4:38:13 AM   
freeboy

ok.. I consistently am seeing my cv air groups under perform NOT A BUG
I was hoping for a majic bullet.. one of those rare forum only tidbits that are the hidden game within the game.. no worries.. I plan on gaming the game for air personel quality this run through.. just odd seeeing my cv guys fubar

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 7:33:39 AM   
LoBaron

Ok this is just a blind guess as you are not providing enough data but:

One of the major causes for carriers failing to launch a strike is DL of the target, weather or range.
Check your naval search and range settings.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 6
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 11:20:52 AM   
jmalter

and your groups need to have high morale. if the fighters have been on CAP 100 during your approach to the battle area, they'll be tired out when you get to your strike-launch point. carrier air-groups are 'fragile', they can only run continuous ops for a limited time, then they need time off for rest/training to recover morale & reduce fatigue.

a carrier's groups need morale > 90 and fatigue < 10 when they enter the arena. running your fighters at 100 CAP might make you feel safe as you approach the battle area, but they'll be less effective when you get there. (well actually, they need lotsa other things, you've got to bring a sharp sword to the battle.)

if you need CAP during your approach, keep it at range=0 to minimize fatigue. w/ a multi-carrier group, micro-manage your CAP action every turn, trade off CAP duty among your available sqns, so that none of them gets over-used. don't go high-alt w/ your CAP fighters, that'll increase fatigue.

the thing is to bring your carrier air-groups to the battle, w/ their air-groups at peak power. you need high-trained air-groups (each w/ its own decent leader), then the carriers themselves must be well-supplied & have a decent TF commander.

high fatigue will screw you every time. imo, when fatigue > 20, it's time to retire. similarly, when air-group morale dips below 75, it's time to get out of Dodge. i mentioned that CAGs are fragile - the longer they stay in a fight, the longer it will take them to recover.

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 7
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 11:54:25 AM   
pmelheck1

is the issue the groups not flying strikes or is it their not flying cap?  If you have high cap values set that can stop bombers from flying strikes.  Also as pointed out above morale and fatigue are absolutely vital.  If fatigue is high and morale is low rather than the other way around, run away and stand them down completely until they are fully rested(fatigue) and ready for a fight (morale)

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 8
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 3:44:39 PM   
freeboy

I will see these then as two issues, failure to launch strikes.. and this may be lack of shared data between groups.. and the cap.. I never flay 100 cap..
I will look at the fatigue and the moral and as always the officers..
What about stagering the cap altitudes?
I will report back.. 1st ccv battle yet to happen but we are cruising into mid 42 and that should happen soon.

(in reply to pmelheck1)
Post #: 9
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 5:02:53 PM   
bradfordkay

Just to think of the obvious... your carriers do have sorties remaining, don't they? 

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 10
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 6:47:25 PM   
freeboy

I am well into the next campeign.. but as this was a new battle, not round four in ongoing...
once I had almost all my planes sit out.. odd.. out of over 1000 planes something like 200 flew.. and another time had lots of cap and pottential cap sit while my fleets where dicmated.. losts like 11 carriers crippled or sunk in 44.. or 45 ...broke my back..

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 11
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 10:11:07 PM   
zuluhour

screen shots of the squadrons may help here.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 12
RE: issue - 1/30/2012 11:24:20 PM   
freeboy

again OLD and gone busted game.. now playing new campeign.. so no screenies. BUT I have been pondering and think maybe, I eu it.. yep.. blame me, I suck.. I think I had 1175 fighters set to 100 cp.. sucks to be so inept.. but my oponent needs some wins.. will see what we can do to spoil his game this round!!!

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 13
RE: issue - 1/31/2012 12:51:30 AM   
Zeta16

I say you leave them on training all of the time

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 14
RE: issue - 2/1/2012 2:03:29 AM   
freeboy

stop reading my posts about my in game issues.. seriously you will pay

(in reply to Zeta16)
Post #: 15
RE: issue - 2/1/2012 2:50:03 PM   
freeboy

how effective is flyingtwo or three caps altitudes for a cv group or several groups in one hex?

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 16
RE: issue - 2/6/2012 10:27:55 PM   
freeboy

ok, the answer is in, I was miss handling carrier faighters..
not sure about the not launching to attack, praobably a moral issue..
our first cv 2 cv .. I massed all my carriers, and my oponenet did not, I had reletively low cap numbers for 30-60 and most everything flew... We both got hits, but as I had so many targets.. his where spread around but my fiorst wave broke through!!! wow, that has not happenend in a long time.... my entire war last time was corrupted by my ignorance... its weird when you play a long time and yo get in bad habits.. I think I was trying to "FORCE" the cap to all foly setting to 100 prior to this game..
so
A BIG THANKYOU FORUM MATES>>>>

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 17
RE: issue - 2/6/2012 11:47:27 PM   
slane_slith

Isn't there also some kind of penalty for having a large number of carriers or CAG's operating in the same task force? 1000 fighters sounds like alotta planes operating in the same hex.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 18
RE: issue - 2/7/2012 1:01:45 AM   
freeboy

I am in 42, its over 100=100-X where x is a randum between one and a hundred, BUT I use my carriers in same hex but not in same tf.. as does my oponenet.. I have added the brits and they are flying with few exceptions only fighters to supplement the weak us fighters in 42...
the 43 44 ratio go up...
its in the manual and I do not think the issue of previous failure to launch was overages rather my cap 100 error ..
thanks for the heads up though...
My moral, personal mora, not in game moral, is goingway up with this win at sea.. the reports, that are always wrong, show 3 fleet carriers sunk for IJN,... I think its only two.. but still a cvl or two and two cv sunk is huge

(in reply to slane_slith)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI