Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 [23] 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/30/2012 8:13:27 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

Acme Ammo factory and opened by the troops using giant tin-opener type devices.

But you fail to understand that we need rules(RULES!) concerning what to do if troops are without "giant tin-openers".
Warspite1

Well one of the reasons that the Peruvian 4th Mechanised Armoured Corps had to
retreat in the face of a determined attack by the Brazilian WI, was that they could not find their tin opener type devices.

As you amateur historians (except Nate25) will know, the TO & E of a Peruvian Division allowed for 3 such devices - one per infantry regiment.

However, prior to the battle, all three infantry divisions (that's 9 tin openers nate25) lost their devices. To get to the battleground, the Peruvians had to sail across Lake Titicaca (snigger snigger). The boat carrying the tin opener type devices was lost in a freak accident involving: an unfeasibly buxom Lago Poopo rower, who, being so "top heavy" as it were, capsized the boat. Whoops.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 3/30/2012 8:15:04 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 661
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/30/2012 9:41:00 PM   
CarnageINC

What the hell, happy 12th to you lad 

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 662
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/30/2012 9:56:30 PM   
nate25

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: nate25

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

But not as strange as we band of weird Matrix Brothers who make "interesting" games and retell "amazing" historical 'tales'!

We are unique. They broke the mold after us!

I have a subtle and cunning plan.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 663
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/31/2012 12:54:46 AM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Their valiant row under fire and even enduring the rather personal assaults of their own troups during the ride resulted in the great victory on the far shores of Poopo. Seems that the enemy troops were too distracted and their fire accuraccy failed to bring down a single boat.

Ok a lot of effort led me to the work of the highly respected Poopo historian Abuncha Crappa. His theory suggests that the problem was that the enemy forces were loaded and ready. Unfortunately they fired as soon as they saw the rowers begin crossing Lago Poopo. This early shot made it near impossible to actually hit the boats.

It is now accepted that shooting a load too early rarely ends in a satisfactory result. Crappa's now famous Theory of "Premature Fire" has since been adopted as Military and even civilian doctrine world wide. Never was it more evident however as in the case of the Lago Poopo Rowers from Lake Tittacaca.

Damn Parusski you're too early again!

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 664
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/31/2012 1:00:40 AM   
parusski

quote:

HUH? Maybe I am (up) too late.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

Post #: 665
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/31/2012 1:47:45 AM   
nate25

Abuncha Crappa staes there were several premature volleys in the direction of the rowers.

Apparently the land forces arrayed against the incoming craft were in a high state of excitement.

Many men shot 3 or 4 times before the rowers came within range. Crappa attributes this high rate of fire to their youth.

Some of the older regiments were able to hold their volleys until the rowers reached their goal.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 666
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/31/2012 7:23:08 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Their valiant row under fire and even enduring the rather personal assaults of their own troups during the ride resulted in the great victory on the far shores of Poopo. Seems that the enemy troops were too distracted and their fire accuraccy failed to bring down a single boat.

Ok a lot of effort led me to the work of the highly respected Poopo historian Abuncha Crappa. His theory suggests that the problem was that the enemy forces were loaded and ready. Unfortunately they fired as soon as they saw the rowers begin crossing Lago Poopo. This early shot made it near impossible to actually hit the boats.

It is now accepted that shooting a load too early rarely ends in a satisfactory result. Crappa's now famous Theory of "Premature Fire" has since been adopted as Military and even civilian doctrine world wide. Never was it more evident however as in the case of the Lago Poopo Rowers from Lake Tittacaca.

Warspite1

Quality post

Post #: 667
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/31/2012 7:39:19 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Abuncha Crappa staes there were several premature volleys in the direction of the rowers.

Apparently the land forces arrayed against the incoming craft were in a high state of excitement.

Many men shot 3 or 4 times before the rowers came within range. Crappa attributes this high rate of fire to their youth.

Some of the older regiments were able to hold their volleys until the rowers reached their goal.
Warspite1

That's right young nate25. The older, more experienced troops were thus around, and able to contribute at the climax of the battle, while the inexperienced troops were a spent force by then. Unfortunately there were just too few of the former in the ranks, and the remainng American troops were simply unable to keep their end up. The Americans withdrew prematurely, before British troops could arrive, much to the frustration of the Allied Supreme Commander, Field Marshal Ivor Arden.

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 668
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/31/2012 10:23:17 AM   
Zorch

Whereas the French troops, having prior experience with combatus interruptus, were able to resume the battle under the command of their valiant leader, Saint Ivana Mantoluv.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 669
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/31/2012 10:26:40 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Whereas the French troops, having prior experience with combatus interruptus, were able to resume the battle under the command of their valiant leader, Saint Ivana Mantoluv.
Warspite1

Wasn't he Russian?

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 670
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/31/2012 1:58:46 PM   
Orm

You have made astonishing research about this campaign and yet no one has mentioned the last charge across the lake by the Free Dutch Light Brigade that settled the war. The defenders routed when the Free Dutch Light Brigade used the unexpected cold weather to launch a surprise attack by skating across the lake.

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 671
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 3/31/2012 6:59:04 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

You have made astonishing research about this campaign and yet no one has mentioned the last charge across the lake by the Free Dutch Light Brigade that settled the war. The defenders routed when the Free Dutch Light Brigade used the unexpected cold weather to launch a surprise attack by skating across the lake.

Warspite1

Well I must say the troops in that picture look likely candidates for recruitment into Saint Ivana Manteluv's army........

BTW, who - in the name of Bonapartes Balls - are the four men to the left?? Oh, wait a minute...is that B Company, the 1st Battalion, the Free Dutch Light Brigade? Let me take a closer look...Yes, yes it is - in which case they must be the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boys from Company B.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 3/31/2012 7:04:33 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 672
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/1/2012 3:32:21 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Well I must say the troops in that picture look likely candidates for recruitment into Saint Ivana Manteluv's army........

BTW, who - in the name of Bonapartes Balls - are the four men to the left?? Oh, wait a minute...is that B Company, the 1st Battalion, the Free Dutch Light Brigade? Let me take a closer look...Yes, yes it is - in which case they must be the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boys from Company B.

Yes it's them, a rooty-a-toot-toot!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 673
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/2/2012 8:10:59 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Yes it's them, a rooty-a-toot-toot!
Warspite1

And these are the aforementioned Bugle boys...er women, just before the battle of Alota Poopo

Post #: 674
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 9:39:54 PM   
nate25

I just wanted to get this up front for our man Steve or anyone else that's interested . . .

Especially you, Steiner. Sieg heil!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 675
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 9:50:34 PM   
parusski

quote:

I just wanted to get this up front for our man Steve or anyone else that's interested . . .

Thanks. Just 11 days to go until we all celebrate my 12th anniversary as a Matrix Games forum member. Only one other web site has the honor of my membership for a longer period of time-that would be Audible.com, which I joined in 1997.

But Matrix will always be my real home.

What should my next goal be for this anniversary???

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 676
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 9:53:29 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Thanks. Just 11 days to go until we all celebrate my 12th anniversary as a Matrix Games forum member. Only one other web site has the honor of my membership for a longer period of time-that would be Audible.com, which I joined in 1997.

Warspite1

I defo think you should go for 25,000 posts. 11 days is steep but if anyone can do it....Good luck, we're all counting on you.

P.S I was reading some of the bilge we wrote - still brings on a chuckle

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 677
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 10:05:22 PM   
shunwick

quote:

Nate,

Thought you might like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08akOt2kuo

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 678
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 10:21:53 PM   
nate25

Old Mel has touched on most of the sensitive subjects, I believe . . .

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 679
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 10:24:37 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

I defo think you should go for 25,000 posts. 11 days is steep but if anyone can do it....Good luck, we're all counting on you.

"Bilge"?!? Why would you post that in this thread? (whispers) Are we allowed to post in this thread, Warspite1? This Steiner guy seems a little touchy about those sorts of things...(ends whisper)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 680
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 10:28:48 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

1,000 posts for an anniversary present? You couldn't think of anything better then that?

On second thought I want 5,000 posts by May 9, 2012!!

You've got to step on it for that, don't you?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 681
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 10:29:59 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Erm, dude? I'm 38 times as big as you. Just sayin'

Oh, yeah. What was I thinking.

But I, as Steiner, am a legend, a myth.

Well, which is it? A legend or a myth?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 682
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 10:36:56 PM   
nate25

Well, he's definitely a legend in his own mind.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 683
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 10:40:26 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

Bilge?? HUH?? Never, warspite would never say that.

quote:

Nate,

Thought you might like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08akOt2kuo

Best wishes,
Steve

Thanks for the clip, I love The Producers, brings back great memories of good times.

quote:

Chickenboy

You've got to step on it for that, don't you?

Nah, I could easily do another 22,396 posts, if I wanted to.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 684
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 11:23:02 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Warspite1

"Bilge"?!? Why would you post that in this thread? (whispers) Are we allowed to post in this thread, Warspite1? This Steiner guy seems a little touchy about those sorts of things...(ends whisper)
Warspite1

Yes, we may post in this Thread. No need for whispering - Steiner had graciously allowed this forum open to all - thank-you Corporal

CB, you query the use of the word bilge? Clearly you have never read the posts between Natester, Ormster Stiener and myself..ster - particularly, but not limited to, the following subjects: Brazilian Peanut Butter, The Great 7-Year Peanut Brittle War 1800-1820 and The works of Stephen Ambrose (who tended to write a lot about Peanut Brittle)......

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 685
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 11:25:51 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Erm, dude? I'm 38 times as big as you. Just sayin'

Oh, yeah. What was I thinking.

But I, as Steiner, am a legend, a myth.

Well, which is it? A legend or a myth?
Warspite1

I think you will find, as my good friend David Warner once waxed lyrical, "Steiner, is a myth. Men like him are our last hope and in that sense, he is a truly dangerous man".

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 686
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 11:27:14 PM   
parusski

quote:

Stephen Ambrose (who tended to write a lot about Peanut Brittle).

And most other subjects too.

How odd that most people have no idea just how many topics Ambrose wrote about.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 687
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 11:38:16 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Stephen Ambrose (who tended to write a lot about Peanut Brittle).

And most other subjects too.

How odd that most people have no idea just how many topics Ambrose wrote about.
Warspite1

I know - its bizarre. I think the fact that he used so many soodeny - psood - pseudin - aliases, it probably helps to obsure the great man's literary genius; Alastair McLean, Stephen King, William Shakespeare, Katie Price are just some of the names he has used. But even when writing under his own name, he is still so prolific that it is strange he is seemingly so little known about.

If there is one Ambrose book that I would recommend to anyone it has to be: I can hold my own (1969) written using the alias, Wayne Kerr. Brilliant.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 688
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 11:41:35 PM   
parusski

quote:

Wayne Kerr

NO mention of freaking guys who prance around a field wearing shorts while tossing(salads) their long flowing hair, all the while pretending it's a real game.

NO MORE!!!

< Message edited by parusski -- 4/28/2012 11:42:29 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 689
RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary - 4/28/2012 11:55:56 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Wayne Kerr

NO mention of freaking guys who prance around a field wearing shorts while tossing(salads) their long flowing hair, all the while pretending it's a real game.

NO MORE!!!
Warspite1

Ugh who is Wayne Kerr - other than a totally made up name I just used for a Stephen Ambrose post.....?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 22 [23] 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: 1000 posts help-12yr anniversary Page: <<   < prev  20 21 22 [23] 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI