Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leningrad/Odessa Fort Levels

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Leningrad/Odessa Fort Levels Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leningrad/Odessa Fort Levels - 1/13/2012 5:25:46 PM   
DesertedFox

According to the amended rules,

20) Changes to Fortification Rules
a. Requirement to build up to Fort Level 5 - Only will be built in port hexes that have a
fort unit. Once built, the fort unit is not needed to keep the level 4 fort. Not possible in
a swamp hex.

Both Leningrad and Odessa start the game with a fort unit, but there is no increase ever over the standard 4 (10) level they start with.

What am I missing here or not understanding?

Mark
Post #: 1
RE: Leningrad/Odessa Fort Levels - 1/13/2012 11:07:29 PM   
Joel Billings

I've seen them go up in a Road to Leningrad game where there were several units stacked in Leningrad. But even with that, it took by turn 3 it was only 4(12). It's very hard to go from level 4 to 5. Have you watched over several turns or tried putting more units in the hex?

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to DesertedFox)
Post #: 2
RE: Leningrad/Odessa Fort Levels - 1/14/2012 12:14:08 AM   
DesertedFox

Hi Joe,

I ran a small test before posting and now just ran a more exhaustive one.

Scenario is Road to Leningrad with the latest beta patch installed.  I railed two "beefier" infantry units with 28 and 30 construction value into Leningrad. Changed all 3 units to Northern Front HQ.

By turn 7 there has been zero increase of the starting value of 4(10).

I have a screen shot but don't know how to add it.

I would tentatively say at this stage its either

1. Broken, and will never increase, or
2. Not working as designed, because the increase, if it does happen will coincide with the victory parade in Berlin at the current rate of 0% increase after 7 turns.

I hasten to add there are no Germans within cooooweeeeeee, so there is no added benefit from civilian construction.

Mark

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Leningrad/Odessa Fort Levels - 1/14/2012 3:23:43 AM   
Joel Billings

In my case the Germans were within range so that may be the difference. Level 5 forts are intended to be very hard to create, so it may in fact be impossible without assistence or a lot of support construction units. I noticed in the RtL game that after turn 3 the rating didn't go up over 4(12) during the next several turns and I'm guessing it's because as the Soviets started forming lines within range of Leningrad, there was less assistence going to the construction in Leningrad. The bottom line is since the change in the rules, you can't expect to reach level 5 during a game. I'll add this to our list to check into to make sure it's not broken. If you can post a save before a Soviet Logistics phase where you are expecting some construction, that would help (if you can't post it here, you can email to 2by3@2by3games.com).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to DesertedFox)
Post #: 4
RE: Leningrad/Odessa Fort Levels - 1/14/2012 12:09:26 PM   
DesertedFox

hI Joe,

Now that you mention it, it rings a bell re not "really" having the ability to make a 5 fortress in game. It was most likely a change made way back when.

Thus given that and you got a 2 % rise, doubt there is a problem here. I didn't make a save anyway, just a screen shot.

Thanks for response though, but I think we can give the "all clear".

Cheers,

Mark

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Leningrad/Odessa Fort Levels Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI