Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

setting up lend lease convoy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> setting up lend lease convoy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
setting up lend lease convoy - 1/12/2012 5:32:50 AM   
freeboy

trying to set up US convoy taking pp to USSR.. any ideas.. the US is at war with axis.. but game did not "take" Sov port.. is the game blocking US to USSR convoys?
Post #: 1
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/12/2012 5:33:20 AM   
freeboy

USSR not yet at war with axis, I bet thats it

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/12/2012 6:42:08 AM   
Razz1

Even at war you can not set up a convoy.

They are a different alliance.

Rules are: They must be in your alliance.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 3
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/12/2012 9:08:18 AM   
aspqrz02

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

Even at war you can not set up a convoy.

They are a different alliance.

Rules are: They must be in your alliance.

Special Event "Cards" come up for Lend Lease Convoys from the US to the UK, or, at least, I've had them come up ... so, maybe, they do the same for L-L to Russia?

Anyone know?

Phil

Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 4
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/12/2012 4:16:49 PM   
freeboy

no special events during multi player.. remember the events just foloow your game tiff players had after release and the start of mp.. so the poor reds are going to go without.. maybe.. remember it was USSR blood that beet the nasties, fed by US farmers, and using US trucks tanks planes oil etc

(in reply to aspqrz02)
Post #: 5
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/12/2012 8:01:56 PM   
gwgardner

what is a game tiff?

Actually, there are events in multiplayer, including lend-lease - they are handled by the game system interturn, and reported to the players. Lend-lease to the Soviets included. But perhaps in your current game, lend-lease was not initiated.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 6
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/12/2012 8:35:04 PM   
freeboy

right, must not be clear, THE EVENTS are there in multiplayer, just the choices are not.. so I lost one server player and others not at all happy..

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 7
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/12/2012 10:38:22 PM   
doomtrader

freeboy, and you are playing as?

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 8
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/12/2012 11:08:15 PM   
gwgardner

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

right, must not be clear, THE EVENTS are there in multiplayer, just the choices are not.. so I lost one server player and others not at all happy..

Ok, and I guess Doomtrader is looking into changes to make them happy.

However, why is it impossible for them to enjoy playing, because of that? Did George Marshall determine whether or not Congress would vote in lend-lease? He may have had influence, but he didn't make the vote. Did Montgomery decide on the destroyers for bases deal? Did Guderian decide to follow a harsh policy against the Ukranians? Each of those war leaders had to deal with events and decisions outside their paygrade.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 9
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/13/2012 5:27:05 AM   
battlevonwar

I don't mind the flavor of "random," problem is there are too many choices offered up to a player with taking that one away. i.e. why do I get to choose how many u-boats get built? Who decided this? Why do I get to DOW when I want? Why do I get to diplo when I want? Why is there any reason to anything. Perhaps SOME events within our power and some without of our power would be interesting.

Playability is always #1 for me and I would like for you to point out precisely where this would get wrecked by making some event choices. Right now, I ignore them and mow down the enemy as if they never were. Just watching them as another factor to annoy me or please me. Nothing else, don't even get the historical aspect of reading them which I'd like!

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 10
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/13/2012 3:53:27 PM   
gwgardner

quote:

ORIGINAL: battlevonwar

Playability is always #1 for me and I would like for you to point out precisely where this would get wrecked by making some event choices.

Playability would not be wrecked by making event choices, other than the time to complete a turn, as it would require multiple back and forths in multiplayer. Doomtrader has indicated he's considering some changes to this system, so we'll see what happens.

(in reply to battlevonwar)
Post #: 11
RE: setting up lend lease convoy - 1/13/2012 11:22:13 PM   
battlevonwar

It may indeed slow down turns. Though there are other ways to speed them up. i.e. getting rid of that awful awful group of seazones connecting the World to the ETO. That is costing me as much time as invading the USSR. I could read 3 or 4 events and react by the time most guys get 20-30 ships through there. Like I am doing now. I would just like to automatically set my destination zone when it comes that region.

P.S. Some events give flavor! Grand Strategy? No, the PC decided it was wise, the PC??? Decided my fate?? Whaaa

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> setting up lend lease convoy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI