Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario: Drang Nach Osten!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Scenario: Drang Nach Osten! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario: Drang Nach Osten! - 1/1/2012 6:26:11 AM   
bcgames

Based on original art by Don Lowry

Drang Nach Osten!

In June 1941, the Germans launched Operation Barbarossa. The intent of this operation was to cause the collapse of the USSR by capturing Moscow. By 5 December 1941, these plans had been dashed. On this date, the Soviets launched a counteroffensive; it was the beginning of the Battle of Moscow.

It has been reported that many WITE games are never played to the end (Oct 1945) because the Axis player sees that the end is nearer than desirable, and either admits defeat to his opponent or just stops responding to emails. The intent of this scenario is to address this issue directly; to provide a scenario that allows for the determination of victory or defeat quickly by restricting the "game of chess" to the happenings between 22 June 1941 and 23 April 1942. Either side wins it or loses it here; in this time frame. All else afterwards is wind and smoke.

The inspiration for this scenario was the original gaming endeavor by Game Designers Workshop designers Rich Banner and Frank Chadwick. In 1973, they produced a game called Drang Nach Osten. Their game lasted until the end of March 1942. This scenario lasts until the end of the Battle of Moscow--the end of April 1942.

The scenario data is 100% stock from the 1941-45 Campaign scenario with the following exception--it ends (as a short scenario) in April 1942, and as a short scenario--it has victory cities and points assigned. Your feedback on the assignment of particular objective cities and the VPs assigned to them is most welcome. Let me know your thoughts after you give it a go.

There are three variables to work with. What are the victory cities, what are their point values, and what are the points mods for Axis and Soviets? Everything else is noise.

My goal is to provide the "Chess-Match" scenario; both sides have equal chance of success...all "things being equal" in the three variable cited.

Thanks in advance for your views on this subject.

v/r

bcgames

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario: Drang Nach Osten! - 1/1/2012 10:39:58 AM   
BletchleyGeek

Hehe, excellent bcgames :)

BTW, do 22nd June and Blizzard effects work on "short" scenarios?

Cheers,

BG.

Wite2 - Lead Tester

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario: Drang Nach Osten! - 1/11/2012 4:46:52 AM   
bcgames

Please provide feedback here on the results of your play experiences with this scenario.

(in reply to BletchleyGeek)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Scenario: Drang Nach Osten! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI