Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question: My War Changed to a New Version (Offenseman very welcome))

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Question: My War Changed to a New Version (Offenseman very welcome)) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question: My War Changed to a New Version (Offenseman v... - 12/16/2011 9:19:57 AM   
LoBaron

So Rob Brennan, Offenseman and me finally decided to open our minds to the wonders
of 2011 and upgrade our PBEM to the latest beta version from v1.01.06i.
(did I say thank you Michael? No? Thank you Michael!)

The changelist is huge, it will be some time to digest all of the details but I am confident
we will adapt fast.

While we are all looking forward to all the small changes I am uncertain whether there are some
new features which could lead to gamebreaking situations in case you don´t know about them,
or which are so cool that we definitely should know about them.

An example is that as far as I know the DB alt changed from 10-15k to 10-14k, is this correct?
Nothing worse than having your carriers level bomb the enemy fleet.

So, my question is:
Can you knowledgable beta users point out the major changes that happened to the best game ever
since the last official version? Not the small stuff, just the big impact whoppers.

Any input is highly apprechiated, thank you!

Post #: 1
RE: Question: My War Changed to a New Version (Offensem... - 12/16/2011 6:24:23 PM   
PaxMondo

Not sure if the DB was changed or just clarified.

As for the beta features, most all of it is in the UI ... and there are just too many to list. Many new indicators for upgrades, additions, sorts, pilot moves, map indicators, .....

wish I could pick out specific ones and say "this is my favorite", but I can't. I do know that 1000's of keystrokes have been removed from the IJ first turn.

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 12/16/2011 6:26:04 PM >

Pax

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 2
RE: Question: My War Changed to a New Version (Offensem... - 12/16/2011 6:34:45 PM   
jeffk3510

On the beta thread, the first page lists all updates I believe.

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 3
RE: Question: My War Changed to a New Version (Offensem... - 12/17/2011 2:20:59 AM   
Mac Linehan

LoBaron, Rob Brennan and Loyal Offenseman -

Once you fire up the latest Beta, you will never go back - there is no comparison; almost two different games...

I have been upgrading with each Beta release; it does take a while to absorb all the improvements and changes. Repeat after me - "The Change List is My Friend.."

Just enjoy going over the map and units, and take in the sheer Wonder and Awesomeness of Sir Michael of Down Under's work.

OK, a bit carried away (what else is new?).

All Hail LoBaron - Master of the Air <grin>

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 12/17/2011 2:22:45 AM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 4
RE: Question: My War Changed to a New Version (Offensem... - 12/17/2011 8:19:44 AM   
LoBaron

Thank you very much guys.

jeff, Mac, I did not want to leave the impression that my plan is to ignore the changelist.
I know part of it from peeking, and its pretty awesome. But its also minimalistic when describing the impact of features/changes.

Thats why I wanted to enrich my impression with personal opinions, you could as well take it as a "what do you like best" question
(as good old PaxMondo did, thanks!), or a pledge to describe features which turn some time consuming process into a 2 second neglectability.
The changelist does not really hit you on the head with the potential advantages of a specific change, for understandable reasons.

I (we) are so used to v1.01.06i, and old habits die hard. I´d like to accellerate that process.

It also might help other guys to convert to beta, I doubt we are the last ones that do. (at least I sincerely hope not...)

Anyways thanks for leaving your impressions, I am definitely looking forward to continue the destruction of Japanese hardware
with improved interfaces.

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Question: My War Changed to a New Version (Offenseman very welcome)) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI