Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Really interactive TOE, suggestion, question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Really interactive TOE, suggestion, question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Really interactive TOE, suggestion, question - 12/14/2011 9:52:20 PM   
TulliusDetritus

Well, I have been thinking (and perhaps I should not do that, by the way ) that a really important feature is absent in the game.

Yep, about the TOE but not what you're possibly thinking. I am thinking about the REVERSE. In the game the TOE is used to adjust how many troops will be filling the ranks of x unit. Or to stop x unit from getting replacements (if the TOE is let's say 76% and ajust it to < 76 , NO troops will be arriving, etc. etc.).

But let's get to the point. Imagine I want to send men from x frontline division to the manpower POOL. The TOE is let's say 80%... I adjust it to 50%... and bingo... the excess of troops are sent to the pool.

A concrete example: think about the German 1942 summer offensive. This attack was ONLY -repeat- ONLY possible because the Germans were literally scrapping the barrel: cannibalising truppen from AGN and AGC and then of course convincing the weak allies that they could hold the flanks

But this you CANNOT do it on the game. And I am surprised. In my opinion this feature would give you a lot of flexibility. To both the Soviets and Germans. After all, it's something it was done (or could have been done when needed).

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke
Post #: 1
RE: Really interactive TOE, suggestion, question - 12/14/2011 10:19:55 PM   
JJKettunen

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

A concrete example: think about the German 1942 summer offensive. This attack was ONLY -repeat- ONLY possible because the Germans were literally scrapping the barrel: cannibalising truppen from AGN and AGC and then of course convincing the weak allies that they could hold the flanks

There are two problems with that example: First, AGN and AGC were not cannibalized but generally left to their burned out state from the previous winter. That's prioritization of replacements. Secondly the "weak allies" were not used as flank cover until it became obvious that the 6th Army was too weak to capture Stalingrad and cover its left flank at the same time.

Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 2
RE: Really interactive TOE, suggestion, question - 12/14/2011 10:35:25 PM   
Schmart

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus
But let's get to the point. Imagine I want to send men from x frontline division to the manpower POOL. The TOE is let's say 80%... I adjust it to 50%... and bingo... the excess of troops are sent to the pool.

You can transfer troops to the pool by disbanding units.

< Message edited by Schmart -- 12/14/2011 10:36:43 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Really interactive TOE, suggestion, question - 12/14/2011 11:28:51 PM   
sillyflower

and I think (sic) troops in excess of TOE as set will slowly return to the pool

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Really interactive TOE, suggestion, question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI