Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Exploit? or WAD?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Exploit? or WAD? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exploit? or WAD? - 12/11/2011 12:22:00 AM   
Neotheone

I just discovered that if you feed a race 1000 credits in a TRADE you gain 1pt of favor from them continously. I spent 50k credits 1k at a time with a race that was -25 and brought it up to +23. I did it again and it worked again on another race from -25 to +23 for 50k credits. Then I discovered that 10k gains you 2pts of favor per trade. It's more expensive but it saves time with all that clicking. After that it didn't much matter what you gave them you only got 2pts favor. Then I tested GIFTS and wow what a ripoff that is. Gift donations are in the 100's of thousands and you only get a handful of favor for Gifting. I'd been giving 600k at times to bring up favor in Gifting before I found out TRADING is the way to go to get favor up fast and CHEAP.

So, I have to suggest here that trading credits should be restricted to ONCE PER MONTH so a player can't just sit there and drive favor up to 100 without any consequences. Of course I know the trolls are going to come in and say "just don't do it", but, that's not the point of this post. It's to FIX the game where things like this can't happen anyways for anybody, even those who happen to "luck out finding it" like I did.

If it's WAD it's a poor design for diplomacy and gaining favor then.

@Erik YES I'M PLAYING 1.07.06 Official Patch lol
Post #: 1
RE: Exploit? or WAD? - 12/11/2011 12:25:09 AM   
Erik Rutins

There is supposed to be a limiting factor in terms of time on can be achieved with gifts, so thank you for reporting this. Sounds like a bug or exploit.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Neotheone)
Post #: 2
RE: Exploit? or WAD? - 12/11/2011 12:36:29 AM   
Neotheone

Remember Erik this was done with TRADE not GIFTING. I was just showing that Gifting is a ripoff compared to the trade method. It's in the trade negociation function that I gave them 1k at a time continously and 10k at a time also to find the 2pts boost in favor per trade. You know TRADE is where you swap maps and techs and money I'm sure?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Exploit? or WAD? - 12/11/2011 2:32:07 AM   
Erik Rutins

I understand, thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Neotheone)
Post #: 4
RE: Exploit? or WAD? - 12/11/2011 2:54:52 AM   
Evrett

none of my beezwax but you come off a bit..pushy neo..folks arent gunna wanna help when you talk to them like that :)..just some advice.  

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Exploit? or WAD? - 12/11/2011 3:45:10 AM   
Neotheone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evrett

none of my beezwax but you come off a bit..pushy neo..folks arent gunna wanna help when you talk to them like that :)..just some advice.  

I don't recall "asking" for any advice?! So, you come off as a bit "pushy" with yours. :P

(in reply to Evrett)
Post #: 6
RE: Exploit? or WAD? - 12/11/2011 5:28:19 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Neotheone,

Please see my last post here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2959036&mpage=5

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Neotheone)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Exploit? or WAD? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI