Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ok here is the Crash Dump File info

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Ok here is the Crash Dump File info Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ok here is the Crash Dump File info - 12/10/2011 1:01:54 AM   
Neotheone

Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.7.0.6

6:57:14 PM Friday, December 09, 2011

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.IdentifyEmpireStrikePoints(Empire empire)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.IdentifyMilitaryObjectivesForSingleEmpire(Empire empire, Int32 overallAttitude, Int32 maximumAttacksForEmpireWeDeclaredWarOn, Int32 maximumAttacksForEmpire, Int32 maximumBlockadesForEmpire, Int32 maximumPreparationsForEmpire, Double galaxyIntoleranceLevel, Int32& refusalCount)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.IdentifyMilitaryObjectives()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
at DistantWorlds.Main.Os2yk7Q8jDxAByp2Uqj(Object )
at DistantWorlds.Main.icFxyECTqa(Object )

--- COMPLETE ---

This after uninstalling and reinstalling up to 1.07.6 Offical patch this time. Didn't take 2 minutes for it to crash from the load.
Post #: 1
RE: Ok here is the Crash Dump File info - 12/10/2011 1:44:11 AM   
Neotheone

And here's the most recent one again within 2 minutes!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.7.0.6

7:40:19 PM Friday, December 09, 2011

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.IdentifyEmpireStrikePoints(Empire empire)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.IdentifyMilitaryObjectivesForSingleEmpire(Empire empire, Int32 overallAttitude, Int32 maximumAttacksForEmpireWeDeclaredWarOn, Int32 maximumAttacksForEmpire, Int32 maximumBlockadesForEmpire, Int32 maximumPreparationsForEmpire, Double galaxyIntoleranceLevel, Int32& refusalCount)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.IdentifyMilitaryObjectives()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
at DistantWorlds.Main.Os2yk7Q8jDxAByp2Uqj(Object )
at DistantWorlds.Main.icFxyECTqa(Object )

--- COMPLETE ---

(in reply to Neotheone)
Post #: 2
RE: Ok here is the Crash Dump File info - 12/10/2011 2:03:14 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Neo,

Do you experience these if you start a new game with 1.7.0.6 as well or only if you load an older save file?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Neotheone)
Post #: 3
RE: Ok here is the Crash Dump File info - 12/10/2011 3:23:02 AM   
Neotheone

Haven't started a new game yet. I was thinking of doing that next.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Ok here is the Crash Dump File info - 12/10/2011 9:52:42 AM   
Neotheone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Neo,

Do you experience these if you start a new game with 1.7.0.6 as well or only if you load an older save file?

Regards,

- Erik

Started a new game with 1.07.06 much to my shigrin and had to start several times to try to get the type of start I got in the other one. I cannot believe all the UNinhabitable planets in these starts?! Finally got one where I could colonize about 15 planets fairly quickly. But, all those wonderful leaders I had and all those wonderful ruins and discoveries I had to enhance my race are gone "sniff". I want my Ancient government back!! That was one solid perk in the game I must say.

At any rate I've played about 4 hours and left it running while asleep now and no crashes but I still have a foreboding feeling about it. Why does it take so long to open a window to look at ships or colonies? Why does it take so long to save and load a game even? My old game was taking upwards of a minute to save and load games and this one isn't much faster.
I'm hoping that the old save game was just corrupt. I can't take another restart Captn! Just takes too much time and too much boringness so pray this time it works without a crash or "I want my money back".....Please of course. :P

Oh one other thing, I have UNchecked the box that shows 'passenger' ships in the Galaxy screen, yet, they are still showing up?!

< Message edited by Neotheone -- 12/10/2011 10:17:27 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Ok here is the Crash Dump File info - 12/12/2011 1:48:34 AM   
elliotg

This is fixed in the next update - you will be able to resume your previous savegame.

(in reply to Neotheone)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Ok here is the Crash Dump File info Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI