Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strategy Guides

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Strategy Guides Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strategy Guides - 12/5/2011 2:10:44 PM   
RogerDennis

New to Dw's but I am very impressed with what I have seen/played so far. Have read through many of the threads and picked up alot of useful advice, and I think I will turn most of the auto stuff off as I like as much full control as possible. Was getting a little overwhelmed with the pop-ups and losing track of what I was doing!! Having attempted to play Sword of the Stars 2 (and getting frustrated with it due to well documented problems) I am truly amazed that I hadn't found this game before, again I am very impressed with the structure etc, i'm playing Legends by the way. Still feeling my way round the game, I like the trade aspect so next up is to concentrate on the resource/diplomacy area of it. And the lack of a "turn based" approach I like.
My question is really, are there any links to good strategy guides out there anywhere please? have found one by Jeeves but am keen to know if there any others available.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Strategy Guides - 12/5/2011 3:38:40 PM   
Theluin

Reeding an AAR or two is a good way to catch some useful hints and strategies. 

(in reply to RogerDennis)
Post #: 2
RE: Strategy Guides - 12/5/2011 6:02:22 PM   
DasTactic

As Theluin said the AARs are a good place to start. Also the War Room sub-forum is excellent to get specific information. Some AARs are written purely as stories and so don't cover a lot of the finer aspects, but others go into the game-play in detail. Also, the principles behind playing Distant Worlds really haven't changed a great deal since the first version and so most of the information in the early posts and AARs are still relevant.

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 3
RE: Strategy Guides - 12/6/2011 10:41:32 AM   
RogerDennis

Thanks for the info, I shall continue my reading of the AAR's etc and glean what I can from there. Practice makes perfect as they say

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 4
RE: Strategy Guides - 12/6/2011 2:17:50 PM   
Ares106

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerDennis
Was getting a little overwhelmed with the pop-ups and losing track of what I was doing!! Having attempted to play Sword of the Stars 2 (and getting frustrated with it due to well documented problems) I am truly amazed that I hadn't found this game before, again I am very impressed with the structure etc, i'm playing Legends by the way.

One mans misfortune is another mans fortune...

wonder how high the influx of dissapointed SOTS2 players really is and if its really making an impact in legends sales.

Post #: 5
RE: Strategy Guides - 12/6/2011 8:47:17 PM   
Upuauta

quote:

My question is really, are there any links to good strategy guides out there anywhere please?

Hi,
In addition to the AARs and the War Room you might take a look at some of the youtube-Lets Plays out there. Some are really good and I learned alot from them.

Post #: 6
RE: Strategy Guides - 12/7/2011 2:56:56 PM   
RogerDennis

Ares106. I wonder as well, plenty of discontented people according to the forum. I have given up playing SOTS 2 until the new year as each patch fixes one thing but breaks another. Still, I have this game to "conquer" now and its different in all aspects which creates a good challenge for me. Onward and upward......

(in reply to Upuauta)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Strategy Guides Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI