Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/3/2011 12:41:22 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi All,

There is a new version of the 1.05 Public Beta in the Members Club. It includes a few more fixes and changes.

We expect this version will be the official release of 1.05, so we would appreciate any help giving it a final check.

Please give it a try if you are interested in working with Betas, and give us your feed back on these changes.

V1.05.45 – November 30, 2011

• New Features and Rule Changes
    1) Formula Change – Reduced the impact of damage to an air base on the chance an aircraft will crash on landing. This will reduce losses to intercepting fighters that are having their air base attacked.
    2) AI Change – In the later war period, the AI will now consider merging unready units together to create a larger ready unit.

• Bug Fixes
    1) Fixed a bug where incorrect rail capacity could be added back if the target city has no slots to move all selected factories.
    2) Fixed a bug where the Soviet Polish army could be incorrectly activated prior to 1944.
    3) Fixed a minor bug where reverse logic was being applied to the blast device parameter when bombing ground elements in an air base.
    4) Fixed a bug where the number of HQ units involved in a battle could be displayed incorrectly.
    5) Fixed a bug where the battle display could get corrupted when the number of units plus HQs in the battle was very high.
    6) Fixed a bug where ground units when bombed could gain very high disruption which was causing a negative modifier to be used in some routines. One of the side effects of this was that multiple leaders could get killed in a single attack.
    7) Fixed a bug where zero factory id slots with non-zero values were adding to the number of evacuating factories.
    8) Fixed a display bug where when inputting a new aircraft cruise speed in the editor, the pop-up for input was incorrectly asking for mph instead of kmh.
    9) Fixed a bug where some ground elements that were no longer called for after a TOE change were having extra elements sent to the pool (more than actually existed in the units that no longer needed them).

• Data and Scenario Changes
    1) Changed the German 20mm Flak guns (Devices 121, 126, 243, & 244) AA ceiling to 6,500 feet.
    2) Device 0120 AA Machine Gun removed (zeroed out); this device was a legacy device imported from another data base and never used in the game system.
    3) Device 0128 128mm Flak40 AA Gun Range changed to 11,700 yards.
    4) Device 0252 20mm Twin Flak38 AA Gun ROF changed to 180.

Changes in 1.05.42
Changes in 1.05.40
Changes in 1.05.39
Changes in 1.05.37
Changes in 1.05.32
Changes in 1.05.30
Changes in 1.05.23
Changes in 1.05.18

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/3/2011 8:39:01 AM   
Vorsteher

is there a problem with WiteFontConfig.txt ?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/3/2011 10:12:11 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vorsteher

is there a problem with WiteFontConfig.txt ?

Hmmm... there shouldn't be...

What are you seeing?

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Vorsteher)
Post #: 3
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/3/2011 10:14:51 AM   
Mehring

2) Fixed a bug where the Soviet Polish army could be incorrectly activated prior to 1944.

If I understand this right, isn't it just frying pan to fire? If the Russian did well, you used to activate the Polish army before 1944 but with 1944 equipment. Needed changing. Now it sounds like you can liberate Poland in 1941 but still won't get the army till 1944.

Surely the solution is for liberation to trigger the creation of a group of empty unit shells which are then fleshed out with current equipment.

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Vorsteher)
Post #: 4
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/3/2011 5:16:06 PM   
Joel Billings

The 1944 limit change was made months ago, it just didn't work. Now it should. I can see the arguement that the Polish Army could be formed earlier, but the gain didn't justify the difficulty of making changes to allow this to happen.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 5
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/4/2011 11:07:17 AM   
von altair

Thanks for patch and good support!

If this is going to be final release for 1.05, it also means that airwar will remain as it is? My honest opinnion is,
that earlier -50% flight timelimit for both sides tuned Luftwaffe even worse, while it needs upgrade. Currently
Airwar doesn't work correctly and historically. Luftwaffe had airsuperiority to late -42. At most times in -43
Germans still had local air superiority where they wanted it to be. Current situation allows equal fight for
Russians at turn 12-15 (thats before the first winter). Early months of -42 Luftwaffe is already fighting for its life.

- German planes needs more flight time (in real average German pilot did 2-3x more missons than Soviet pilot)
Early weeks rate was even higher.

- No doubt Germans had better planes than Russians at early-mid war. This doesn't show out in the game.
60-80x bi-planes can overun 10x Me-109 while in real this could NOT happen.

- German AA guns should be more effective and Soviets less. This has to be so, because client doesn't allow
Germans to make more AA regiments while Soviets can ZERG them. Thing which didin't happen in real.

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?"

"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

-Axel Oxenstierna

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/4/2011 11:53:05 AM   
cavalry

I would hope training and morale would apply to AA guns??
I agree with all the comments on the LW made above in my newest Smolensk game by September 41 the LW was struggling.

I will howver qualify this that I have not played the game that long BUT I have been interested in EF history for twenty years. Until 43 the LW should be pretty supreme . 44 and even in Jan 45 they could acheive local superiority at times.

Cav

(in reply to von altair)
Post #: 7
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/4/2011 2:14:54 PM   
Mehring

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

The 1944 limit change was made months ago, it just didn't work. Now it should. I can see the arguement that the Polish Army could be formed earlier, but the gain didn't justify the difficulty of making changes to allow this to happen.

Well it already was being triggered and formed earlier, but with equipment that historically didn't exist. The equipment was the problem, not early formation.

What is the probelm with keeping the army's formation date and also ToOE variable to accomodate early Russian success? Just have the units arive as shells as they do by the hundred in 1941. That way the units will flesh out with contemporary equipment drawn from production, not a magic super supply.

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

Post #: 8
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/4/2011 3:44:58 PM   
Great_Ajax

The formation of these units didn't start in earnest until around May 1943 when the Soviets broke off diplomatic ties with the Polish government in exile and pledged to support their own communist state. Before then, the Soviets were content to keep the deported Poles in camps. In short, the 1st Polish Army wasn't ready for operational use until June 1944.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mehring

If I understand this right, isn't it just frying pan to fire? If the Russian did well, you used to activate the Polish army before 1944 but with 1944 equipment. Needed changing. Now it sounds like you can liberate Poland in 1941 but still won't get the army till 1944.

Surely the solution is for liberation to trigger the creation of a group of empty unit shells which are then fleshed out with current equipment.

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
Sabre 21's perpetual arch-nemisis

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 9
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/4/2011 11:21:32 PM   
Mehring

Yes, that makes sense. But don't you think that had the tables turned sooner, presenting an earlier prospect of re-entering Poland, Stalin would have broken off relations with the exile government correspondingly sooner and set up his puppet "communist" forces earlier?

You can't be certain, but it's a pretty good bet.

< Message edited by Mehring -- 12/4/2011 11:22:09 PM >

¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 10
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/13/2011 5:15:50 PM   
gingerbread

Just what is causing the zero-ing in the losses screen when opening it for the first time in a turn in a non-AI game?

Is there anything in the release notes for .40, .42 or .45 that did not make it into the development notes that could cause this?

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 11
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/13/2011 6:54:48 PM   
Joel Billings

The intention was always that after the first time the loss screen is viewed, it would be zeroed out so that the turn totals from that point on would just give you the losses during the current player-turn. AFAIK this has not changed. On the other hand, there are times during a turn where everything gets zeroed out by mistake, and AFAIK this has been around for a long time and has never been tracked down and fixed.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 12
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/13/2011 10:16:46 PM   
Tarhunnas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

The intention was always that after the first time the loss screen is viewed, it would be zeroed out so that the turn totals from that point on would just give you the losses during the current player-turn. AFAIK this has not changed. On the other hand, there are times during a turn where everything gets zeroed out by mistake, and AFAIK this has been around for a long time and has never been tracked down and fixed.

It would be nice if this could be fixed. Right now the losses screen is completely untrustworthy. At the beginning of your turn it can show just about anything, sometimes reasonable numbers, sometimes wildly off, and sometimes it appears to relate to one recent combat.

Post #: 13
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/14/2011 5:11:20 AM   
Joel Billings

If you look at the start of the turn, it should always include your logistics turn losses and the previous player-turn's movement/combat phase losses (for both sides, but not his logistics phase losses). I'll make sure this is on our bug list, but this has not been an easy item.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 14
RE: New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable - 12/14/2011 8:42:44 AM   
gingerbread

Since the information can be derived by comparing this turns totals with last turns, it's at most a nuisance level bug to me, though Tarhunnas might not agree.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> New Public Beta v1.05.45 Now Avialable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI