Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Request Veteran Delay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Request Veteran Delay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 1:17:30 PM   
hades1001

Hi,

In the older beta versions if I request veterans from the pool, it will randomly delayed for 1-7 days.

In the later beta version, the "release pilots" function(this is a really great feature, making pilots management much easier, thanks!) can draw pilots from pool without delay. In this case I may use the same pilots in the Pacific today and tomorrow I can send them to fight in India.

I'm wondering is this one of the purposes of "release pilots" function? Should it be more realistic if a delay is also added to this feature?

Thank you all.
Post #: 1
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 1:49:22 PM   
witpqs

"Release Pilots" takes pilots out of an air group. How are you able to use it to draw pilots from the pool? Could you please describe the procedure you use?

(in reply to hades1001)
Post #: 2
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 2:53:45 PM   
hades1001

go to air group info interface, "request veterans", then release pilots from the reserve, the pilots will fill the air group immediately.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 3:40:45 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: hades1001

go to air group info interface, "request veterans", then release pilots from the reserve, the pilots will fill the air group immediately.

Aren't the pilots "released from reserve" coming from the squadrons own reserve and not from the pool? Aren't the pilots in a given squadron's reserve indicated by the number in parentheses to the right of the number of active pilots in the squadron?

If they are coming from the squadron's own inherent reserve than it would seem appropriate that there is no delay.

Hans

(in reply to hades1001)
Post #: 4
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 3:56:30 PM   
hades1001

no, the pilots are from the general reserve pool.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 5
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 4:53:41 PM   
USSAmerica

As far as I know, the delay is only set (1-14 days) when the Request Veteran button is used.  The "Get pilot(s)" button just brings one or more in from which ever source pool you have specified (Any, Replacement, Reserve, TRACOM) with no delay.  Always been that way, based on my experience.

< Message edited by USS America -- 12/2/2011 4:54:03 PM >

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to hades1001)
Post #: 6
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 5:38:42 PM   
hades1001

Right now I can release the pilots from general reserve pool to the air group. Then the pilots become 1 day delay as the group reserve. And I can use get pilots button to make them combat ready immediately. Is this how it supposes to work? I doubt that.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 7
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 6:03:52 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: hades1001

Right now I can release the pilots from general reserve pool to the air group. Then the pilots become 1 day delay as the group reserve. And I can use get pilots button to make them combat ready immediately. Is this how it supposes to work? I doubt that.

That is the way every method of adding pilots to an airgroup has always worked, with the lone exception of the "Get veteran" button.

Mike

(in reply to hades1001)
Post #: 8
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 6:12:47 PM   
witpqs

But if it does work with all of those pilots getting 0 (or really 1 day) delay, is that a bug or is it always choosing the pilots who have the lowest delay? I have no experience with it.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 9
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 6:15:17 PM   
hades1001

So there is something wrong with the release pilots function. I guess the developers want the veterans to arrive at the air group with a randomly delay. Right? However now this delay can be avoided by using release pilots to air group from general reserve pool. I think this maybe a loophole.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 10
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 6:20:33 PM   
USSAmerica

Nothing wrong here.  You could always grab single or multiple pilots from the reserve, replacement, or TRACOM pools with no delay.  Many of these pilots are veterans.  The difference with the Request Veteran button is that you can select specifically which pilot you want, from anywhere on the map or in the pools, and there would be some delay from 1-14 days as the price. 

Mike

(in reply to hades1001)
Post #: 11
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 6:25:22 PM   
witpqs

Right - I was trying to say that maybe there is a bug if using that buttons takes pilots with a delay and removes that delay. But, if that button is smart enough to choose pilots who already have no delay, then that's not a bug, it's great programming to help the player reduce click-count when managing his pilots.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 12
RE: Request Veteran Delay - 12/2/2011 6:35:59 PM   
USSAmerica

I don't think it is actually selecting pilots who have no delay.  Effectively, if you allow the code to draw a pilot into your squadron, veteran or rookie, there is no delay.  If you go in to pick a specific pilot yourself, it costs some random delay.  The delay is not imposed just because a pilot may be a veteran, but only if you want to specifically pick them yourself.  

Mike

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Request Veteran Delay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI