Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kolotchny Station - Russian Steel Camp

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Kolotchny Station - Russian Steel Camp Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kolotchny Station - Russian Steel Camp - 11/5/2002 2:18:38 AM   
Frank W.

Hello

So far the hardest scen!

What are the differences between
the normal and the alternate version
of this one!

managed a marginal, but can not go on
with only 100 repair points since to
much losses and almost all of my tanks
are damaged in some way :mad:
Post #: 1
- 11/5/2002 9:58:29 AM   
darroch

Frank,

It has been quite awhile but I recall this one being nasty if the Russian tries to grab all the victory hexes...

I usually took heavy losses during playtesting from those d**d PAKs and Mk3s...

I think the differences between the two are degrees of difficulty - I can't recall which is easier...

I'll check...

In these case where your core was badly damaged, I strongly recommend that you edit the build points for the next battle to ensure your core is rebuilt..at this point in the campaign, you should add something like 500-700 build points...do a practice run to see how many points to rebuild..

Consider it an emergency allotment of STAVKA reserves!!

You can do this changing of support points without missing the next game if you saved a turn of the Kolotschky Station battle before you reached the black summary screen...if you reach the black screen (which totals losses and VPs) then you have to go to the next game - battle 8 I think - you can get through battle 8 with a crippled core but it is not very fun...

I hope to re-look at early battles - I will add this one to the list and possibly release a patch with RS 1.5...

I recommend saving the next-to-last turn of each battle just in case you need a STAVKA emergency reserve allotment...it was impossible to balance the degrees of difficulty in the fights so to keep it fun, you should have the option of rebuilding everything after a particularly nasty fight..

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 2
- 11/5/2002 8:25:19 PM   
Frank W.

I usually took heavy losses during playtesting from those d**d PAKs and Mk3s...

- yes, the 7,62 captured paks are dangerous and sometimes dificult to spot. the MK3H+J are quite dangerous in this scen i agree. seems the russians tank suppority is no longer valid, as even the KV1/41 are crippled heavy,while seldom destroyed by frontal hits....
----

I think the differences between the two are degrees of difficulty - I can't recall which is easier...

- i think this alternate version must be heavier one, cause i think in the scen before i get a decicive vic, so the designers (you..) thought i´m a good player and send me to the more dangerous batte
----

In these case where your core was badly damaged, I strongly recommend that you edit the build points for the next battle to ensure your core is rebuilt..at this point in the campaign, you should add something like 500-700 build points...do a practice run to see how many points to rebuild..

Consider it an emergency allotment of STAVKA reserves!!

- i had never done this in any camp and i won´t do it here!
i think thats kind of cheating! i will try this scen again!
i see that there is no dec. or even marg. vic required to proceed in this scen, so i don´t need to conquer all vic.hexes. but i require for me a min. m marg. vic, with light losses on my side...

thanx for supporting this camp. so good!!

i´m now waiting f. the updated stalingrad to try the
other side.....

frank

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 3
- 11/6/2002 9:48:35 AM   
darroch

Frank,

Glad you'll give it another go - this one does punish a player who overextends...

I may lighten up the Mk3s a bit - IMHO they are a little too effective against KVs and T34s....and Russian anti-armor fire (when they actually hit) seems a bit weak...

But the game is a simulation and the matrix gang have tweaked it to a fare-thee well so I'll accept it and gaze in amazement (and frustration:mad: ) when my KV tanks get sliced open by 1941 era Mk3js and yet seem impenetrable to my 76.2mm return fire....

I only mentioned editing the build points assuming you would not play over - in most cases we kind of assumed players would replay a particularly nasty battle rather than proceed with a crippled force...

The Stalingrad campaign by Bryan Melvin is rather nicely done - maybe cross of iron will enable us to do mirror image campaigns someday - that would be something...

Cheers,

B

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 4
- 11/7/2002 5:26:17 AM   
Frank W.

thanx.

yes, the 7.1 armor rules are a bit confusing i agree.

i noticed, too that US sherman easy8 tanks are not
that good as they should be, not related to russian
steel of course, just a general observation by me--

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 5
- 11/8/2002 11:03:21 AM   
darroch

"shermans..."

I found that the Lend Lease shermans (short 75s - available in early 1943) are superior in armor penetration to any other Soviet tank of the same timeframe except for the Lend Lease M10 Wolverine...

presumably superior AP ammunition? dunno....all I know is that by early 1943, the Soviet tanks must sneak and get flank shots on nearly all German tanks to have a hope of a kill....

??? seems a bit odd ????

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Kolotchny Station - Russian Steel Camp Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI