Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beta P5 Issue with 21 Ind Bde

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Beta P5 Issue with 21 Ind Bde Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beta P5 Issue with 21 Ind Bde - 11/26/2011 2:46:16 PM   
Saros

Something has gone wrong with the 21st Ind Bde. I wonder if they are now paradroppable? I'm not sure exactly when they changed all their Infantry for Para troops but it can;t have been that long ago as there are only 16 Para squads.

I don't know if it was any particular patch but we haven't updated since the P5 beta came out and this seems to have happened afterwards.

Post #: 1
RE: Beta P5 Issue with 21 Ind Bde - 11/28/2011 8:52:14 AM   
michaelm75au

Bit hard to guess why.
Can you zip up a save and post here?

Michael

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 2
RE: Beta P5 Issue with 21 Ind Bde - 12/1/2011 6:16:20 AM   
Saros

Here you go. I sent the password in a PM.
Tracker says this:

If you're having a look at the turn there is also some weirdness with some bases like Colombo and Clark field belonging to General HQ (nothing I did and I only just noticed it myself). This also allows the 'fly to the group' plane reinforcements to spawn at Colombo as I assume the game treats it as a captial or something.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Saros -- 12/1/2011 6:20:10 AM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Beta P5 Issue with 21 Ind Bde - 12/1/2011 8:26:56 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros

If you're having a look at the turn there is also some weirdness with some bases like Colombo and Clark field belonging to General HQ (nothing I did and I only just noticed it myself). This also allows the 'fly to the group' plane reinforcements to spawn at Colombo as I assume the game treats it as a captial or something.

There was a bug in that some bases would change to a low-numbered HQ.
quote:

Fixed Unoccupied bases were not being getting correct hq, mainly affecting Allies. New HQ will be the theatre hq of base doing capture, or first LCU in hex. [MEM]

Plus another one, I can't recall that could change the base's HQ.

Michael

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 4
RE: Beta P5 Issue with 21 Ind Bde - 12/1/2011 8:36:34 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saros

Something has gone wrong with the 21st Ind Bde. I wonder if they are now paradroppable? I'm not sure exactly when they changed all their Infantry for Para troops but it can;t have been that long ago as there are only 16 Para squads.

I don't know if it was any particular patch but we haven't updated since the P5 beta came out and this seems to have happened afterwards.

The TOE being pointed to by the 21st Mixed Ind LCU is a IJA Glider Rgt and not the proper one. Interesting the TOEs are next to each other - #2177 for the Glider and #2178 for the 21st Ind (it has its own TOE).

Something has changed the TOE# as neither of them upgrade to anything else.
Problem is that there is no way to find this out - would need the turn WHEN it changed to see why.

Michael

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 5
RE: Beta P5 Issue with 21 Ind Bde - 12/2/2011 2:07:35 PM   
Saros

I can pretty easily find the turn it changed. From tracker it looks like possibly 176?
From tracker Turn 175 has a TOE max of 363 and turn 176 has TOE max of 250. Across 175-176 it also loses 120 inf squads then starts to rebuild para squads.

Is there any way to fix the turn or am I stuck with a bde with 50AV? Its kinda in an important position which will likely have to fight off an allied landing sooner or later (Ceylon).

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Beta P5 Issue with 21 Ind Bde Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI