Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Message settings?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Message settings? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Message settings? - 11/22/2011 5:43:20 AM   
ceyan

Just wondering how everyone handles their message settings? Especially in relating to combat alerts. I tend to have most of the popup messages disabled but leave everything checked in the message log so I can refer back to it in the history. However I've been toying with Distant Worlds in preparation for Legends and I tried my hand at my first aggressive race/playstyle. Handling the occasional full blown war or half-hearted skirmish in the past has never been a problem as I've usually been able to keep it to only a few combatants. In the game I've been running I've got a huge alliance three-way going on where I (and my alliance bloc) are at war with 7 different races.

I eventually had to turn off the combat alerts just to survive and focus on something else, but its really bugging me. If the enemy sends a fleet or large clump of warships my way they're easy to spot and react to, but everything else just plays hell with me. Especially when they enemy is attacking one of my worlds with a large force of ships that came in spurts or a collection of small clumps or when I get a large troop drop on a planet and my first warning that things are going on comes in the form of a lost planet message.

Am I just going to have to suck it up, or has anyone found a good balance of some sort?
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Message settings? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI