Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War Revolt Madness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> War Revolt Madness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War Revolt Madness - 11/21/2011 4:21:05 PM   
Gareth_Bryne

Okay, guys, here's something I ran into and it bugs me.

I've played three games using Boskara and in each one, though on different stages, the following scenario repeats itself. I (or another Boskara civ) declare war at another Boskara civ (or myself). Within 2 days in-game time half of my colonies erupt in successful revolt, and in the first two tries, my homeworld as well. The third time it happened, the other Boskara civ in question was two planets' size. This EXTREMELY annoying tendency has no connection with a) war weariness, b) war justification (i.e. who started first), c)relative empire size or d) colony happiness. The only thing about it is the sameness of primary race. Oh, and in the first two cases it seems that revolts happened in the other civ's empire as well.

In Crusader Kings the situation was similar, but at least there were several logical realpolitik consideration written in. Here, it seems completely illogical and, believe me, realpolitik it ain't. My questions are:
1) Has anyone run in similar extreme situations?
2) Eric and the DW team, can anything be done about it? It is quite annoying, at least for me.

Thank you ahead of time for your attention.
Post #: 1
RE: War Revolt Madness - 11/21/2011 4:36:24 PM   
ehsumrell1

Hello Gareth,
Yes the team is aware of this situation. It seems that during a colony takeover or
internal revolution (due to government change, etc.) that the colony tax rates were
not being dropped to zero. Since the rates were usually high pre-invasion or the
population was previously very high this immediately set off the revolt triggers.
At least for that colony, and as we found out through testing, sometimes the ripple
effect occurred throughout the players empire.

This has been fixed in Legends and the fix will also be included in the update to ROTS
Elliot is doing next. Hope this answers your inquiry!

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 11/21/2011 4:39:04 PM >

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Gareth_Bryne)
Post #: 2
RE: War Revolt Madness - 11/21/2011 6:04:59 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Gareth,

This should be improved in Legends, as ehsumrell1 posted. It's also something we'd like to address in the next ROTS update. The main way to address it until then is to keep population happiness high in other areas so that the unhappiness of fighting the same species does not push colonies into full rebellion.

It sounds like you may be seeing this despite high colony happiness, so if that's the case please feel free to upload a save file for us to look over as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 3
RE: War Revolt Madness - 11/21/2011 6:05:02 PM   
Sithuk

ehsumrell: tax rate contributes to the problem but more important is the "you are at war with our race" negative modifier.I understand in Legends that we now have options to assimilate / annihilate / enslave other race populations on our worlds.

I agree that in RoTS the mass planet revolts are a serious fun killer.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 4
RE: War Revolt Madness - 11/21/2011 7:23:12 PM   
Gareth_Bryne

Eric,  ehsumrell1, thank you very much!!
I will note that it is closer Sithuk's conjecture. And, again, in my case it was early in the game and it was my primary race, which constituted over 99% of my empire population...

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> War Revolt Madness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI