Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Expansion Planner

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Expansion Planner Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Expansion Planner - 11/11/2011 5:32:52 AM   
balto

Does anyone understand what the top (Luxury) part of this means? And at the bottom, next to each potential colony are pictures of these luxuries with percentages next to them.

The manual says you just need 10 luxuries.

So (1) how can you tell if you have your 10 luxuries? and (2) what the heck does any of the luxury information mean in the Expansion Planner?

Thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: Expansion Planner - 11/11/2011 5:39:56 AM   
HectorOfTroy

Expansion planner shows your possible planets that you can colonize and what value they hold. So if you see one with rare luxury items you better colonize it so you can make some money.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 2
RE: Expansion Planner - 11/11/2011 9:08:25 AM   
Data

You have a "sources" column in expanstion planner for each resource. As long as you see a non-zero value for at least ten luxury ones....

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to HectorOfTroy)
Post #: 3
RE: Expansion Planner - 11/11/2011 9:24:06 AM   
Bingeling

Hm, I would think a colony cares less of your sources, than having 10 different luxuries in its inventory. 10 different luxury sources may help a lot in getting 10 different luxuries to each colony, though.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 4
RE: Expansion Planner - 11/12/2011 2:03:21 AM   
balto

Data, ahh, thank you.

Any idea what the percentages are in the POTENTIAL COLONIES (bottom half of Expansion Planner) for the Luxuries? For example, say the Planet Sigma XI might have Ekeras Meat and some other stuff pictured next to it. When you hold the cursor over the Sigma XI luxuries, it will say something like "Ekeras Meat 28%."

28% of what? It does not correlate to the top half of the Expansion Planner where all the Luxuries are listed.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 5
RE: Expansion Planner - 11/12/2011 3:40:13 AM   
Nedrear

Its the speed of extraction. I am not sure yet if it means less in 5 seconds or the same 10 seconds later... though that does not matter. It means the efficiency of the ressource. A world with low rate metall might not be worthy of your best mining stations... that is all.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 6
RE: Expansion Planner - 11/12/2011 8:46:23 AM   
Data

You can compensate even for that if you really need it with more extractors, the extraction rate depends on these two factors and they are cumulative.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 7
RE: Expansion Planner - 11/12/2011 8:51:48 AM   
Sithuk

Data: You mention the two extraction factors are cumulative. Is there a hard cap on extraction rate?

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 8
RE: Expansion Planner - 11/12/2011 9:02:42 AM   
Data

Hmm, never went that far with testing so I actually don't know

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 9
RE: Expansion Planner - 11/12/2011 11:12:47 AM   
feelotraveller

If there is a hard cap it is so high as to not count. The practical cap is how quickly resources are collected from the base mining them. Better extraction rates usually just mean faster reaching of maximum cargo in the hold.

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Expansion Planner Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI