Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Planets revolting? A little hint

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Planets revolting? A little hint Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Planets revolting? A little hint - 11/8/2011 3:41:02 PM   
Jeeves

Way back last year I got into a situation with planets revolting, and losing control of my empire. What I conceived to solve the problem is a troop ship able to hold 10-32 troops stationed at every colony. As the colony produces troops, keep loading up the troop ship so that the colony has no troops or just a few. If there should be a revolt, you just invade and take your world back. Remember to put a medical center on your troop ship and give it a couple thousand of shields and area shield recharge. The higher the ship speed the better too. Be sure to include ion defenses as well to prevent your spaceport from zapping your engines.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Post #: 1
RE: Planets revolting? A little hint - 11/9/2011 8:16:18 AM   
Data

Good advice, a tad on the micro side but there should not be many situations like this to absorb much time.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 2
RE: Planets revolting? A little hint - 11/9/2011 9:26:08 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

I had a massive, evil, Diabolical Kiadian Empire, I even had the Way of Darkness! Eventually it was too much for the people though, I guess, and I lost like half my planets and a third of my (really frakkin' big) fleet. I had Taxes on 1% for all of the worlds that revolted, and I wasn't at war with anyone!

Was that because of the Diabolical reputation, or was my empire too big (about 30 colonies, 30000M people) or is it a side effect of Way of Darkness?

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Planets revolting? A little hint - 11/9/2011 9:41:56 AM   
Bingeling

I can imagine that big headed goodies (or pretending to be goodies) would not take lightly on adopting way of darkness.

You can try adopting way of light with the Boskara and see if that is more appreciated. Or more trivial stuff like switching from the human democracy to despotism or military dictatorship.

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 4
RE: Planets revolting? A little hint - 11/10/2011 7:11:17 PM   
Jeeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gelatinous Cube

I had a massive, evil, Diabolical Kiadian Empire, I even had the Way of Darkness! Eventually it was too much for the people though, I guess, and I lost like half my planets and a third of my (really frakkin' big) fleet. I had Taxes on 1% for all of the worlds that revolted, and I wasn't at war with anyone!

Was that because of the Diabolical reputation, or was my empire too big (about 30 colonies, 30000M people) or is it a side effect of Way of Darkness?

Must of have been the government, or if you changed governments, the process of government change often sheds some of the empire. At 8 years into my current game I have almost 60 colonies and systems with a population over 70 billion, under way of the ancients. Try out that government next time. You get it any of several ways. Either opening the imperial archive, finding your way through a series of stages to the bonanza star base under original game backstory, or even if you missed the imperial archive, some other archive might yield it. The game WANTS you to have government way of ancients and be a good guy. Kiadians will definitely not like living in a diabolical reputation empire when they could be under a hero. You can farm pirates for reputation by continuously destroying pirate base. I have taken over 20 worlds by invasion in the past game year, and my reputation is still good because I watched for pirates and destroyed their bases at every opportunity.

Has anyone tried way of darkness with a heroic reputation? That would be funny...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 5
RE: Planets revolting? A little hint - 11/10/2011 8:19:15 PM   
Gareth_Bryne

Cool! Call them Mandalorians, for whatever they are worth)))

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Planets revolting? A little hint Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI