Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Managing support units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Managing support units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Managing support units - 11/2/2011 8:45:43 PM   
DicedT

I know this has been asked before, but how exactly do you reallocate German support units? I've started a current PBEM with locked HQs. From what I understand, SUs at army HQs and above don't participate in combat. So I want all those SUs to go back up to OKH, where they can be sent down to the corps that can actually use them. I also want to get specific units, like heavy artillery, to specific HQs attacking cities.

So how do I do this? Unlock one army HQ and its higher Army group HQ, in the hopes that everything will flow back up to OKH? Do I unlock all army HQs at the same time? Or am I making this too complicated, and there is an easier way?
Post #: 1
RE: Managing support units - 11/3/2011 10:24:01 PM   
CarnageINC

The only way to get all your SU's you want to go up to OKH is to manually move them.  Unlocking stuff just makes the AI put them where it thinks is a good idea....which is often not a good idea   To redistribute them from OKH you have to manually move them to their Army HQ's and then the Corps level, unless the OKH is close enough to directly distribute them to Corps level.  This is takes alot of turn times and is a tremendous waste of Admin Pts.  If you take some time and carefully look through your Corps by Army level you should be able redistribute a good portion to your Corps where they should go.  Yeah at first it feels like your working with a can of worms but the time taken will make your SU's accessible more quickly and save you some mega AP in the long run.

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Managing support units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI