Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Whats the best a troop can be?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Whats the best a troop can be? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Whats the best a troop can be? - 10/29/2011 1:21:56 PM   
Jeeves

I have taken my troops up to strength 240 or so by using the same ones for multiple invasions, planet hopping. Is there a maximum strength, or do they just keep on getting better with every invasion?

A tip. For every independent you invade, you need to destroy two or three pirate bases to keep your reputation high...
Another tip. By using the same high strength troops multiple times, you ratchet up the strength of your cloned troops. You CAN'T have too many troops available, despite warnings about them being a drain on your economy. You can support three troops per k$ of income. They pay off if you take a colony every 2-3 months, with 20-32 onboard each troop transport. You can (on each high morale population 2 billion) world recruit about eight clones a year. Any independent under two billion population needs a special reason to be worth colonizing or invading. Training troops is a moderately good reason. Side note - has anyone here read the science fiction novel "Fire on the border"? Clones cannot be cloned, so use a very high strength troop in your invasion hopping force. A Boskara elite is best.

The toughest fight I had was 18 mixed race Ikkuro elite and their clones against 18 Gizureans at a population 9 billion independent. That fight took four months. I look forward to invading bug homeworlds a few calendar weeks from now, bringing all my troops transports together for each invasion....

Anybody have some invasion stories to tell?

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Post #: 1
RE: Whats the best a troop can be? - 10/29/2011 3:18:43 PM   
Data

There is a cap and it's race specific iirc, it was found as soon as ROTS came out. If I find the thread I'll post it here.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 2
RE: Whats the best a troop can be? - 10/29/2011 3:21:28 PM   
Data

this should be it -> http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2669374&mpage=1&key=troop%2Ccap�

check out races.txt file

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Whats the best a troop can be? - 10/31/2011 4:32:34 PM   
Jeeves

That is an excellent thread! Thank you very much!

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 4
RE: Whats the best a troop can be? - 10/31/2011 5:07:35 PM   
Data

you're welcome

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 5
RE: Whats the best a troop can be? - 11/25/2011 11:17:57 AM   
Data

Reported

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Whats the best a troop can be? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI