Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rule suggest no need for 100% garrisons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Rule suggest no need for 100% garrisons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rule suggest no need for 100% garrisons - 10/25/2011 9:49:15 PM   
Balou

17.2.2. Partisan Creation from Un-garrisoned Populations

As stated in the rule book, the result of the formula used to create new partisan units if garrison requirements are not 100% is rounded down. The example given is Brest-Litovsk (8 Manpower) with a garrison of 69% or 31% unmet. The result of the formula is 2.48 partisan squads every turn, rounded down to 2.
What if the result is less than 1 ? Because for a city with a manpower of 8, it would only require 88% or 12% unmet, and I would end up with a result of 0.96, which should be rounded down to 0. Right or wrong ? Or is it never lower than 1 if requirements are not 100% ?
In numbers: for Brest Litovsk alone I could spare 480 (12%) men of the required 4000 (requirement for a city hex) and even more if the unit in town exceeds 4000. If I consider how many cities the Axis has to keep at bay, that would add up to a lot of men to spare.
Post #: 1
RE: Rule suggest no need for 100% garrisons - 10/27/2011 9:28:57 PM   
Balou

Just curious: is there no answer to a very simple question? Well, my question above might seem a lesser problem at first glance, but I would really know whether I am right or totally wrong about the partisan risk out of the formula in the rule book.
The rationale behind all this: some posts repeatedly deal with "how to spare axis troops for more important tasks". Maybe one of the devs could comment on my conclusions around the "rounded down".

(in reply to Balou)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Rule suggest no need for 100% garrisons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI