Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Intra-race relations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Intra-race relations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intra-race relations - 10/11/2011 1:24:59 PM   
d.erlemeyer@gmx.de

G'day everyone.

I decided to make this thread instead of fiddling around with the setting because a) the game takes ages for me to load for some reason b) I'm bored at work right now and won't be home till well in the evening. If there's a similar thread I somehow missed I'll close this one of course.

Anyhow, the question/problem:
I changed the disposition of a race to other empires of the same race to -50. The idea is that everyone thinks "We are the one true masters of *race XYZ* and not these imposters!" and because I don't want any other filthy and unworthy imposter empires colonising the galaxy instead of me, heh.
Now, this frequently sets me at war with, for example, other human empires that have developed out of independent colonies. After having to retake my own capital for what feels the hundredth time after more than 20 rebel regiments spawned there just after my invasion force took off to take one of their colonies, I'm growing sick of this. The "You are at war with our race!" modifier is killing me, yet the AI doesn't seem to have the same problem.

So, is there a way to influence the impact of it? I don't really want to remove it, but would editing the race.txt do something here? Loyalty, caution, aggression or something? Or is it a set value?

I'd appreciate any insight you guys have.
Thanks in advance!

< Message edited by Wellenbrecher -- 10/11/2011 1:25:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Intra-race relations - 10/11/2011 7:37:52 PM   
tjhkkr

Caution and aggression seems to me to be the big modifiers...
If they are not cautious, they will declare war at the drop of a hat... even if you are bigger and nastier than they are...

The other thing I do is set up two sets of 'humans' with different levels of aggression... that means some are patient, and some are just problematic...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to d.erlemeyer@gmx.de)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Intra-race relations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI