Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Units "change mode" in CR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Air Units "change mode" in CR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Units "change mode" in CR - 10/10/2011 6:48:57 PM   
larryfulkerson

So um.............it seems to me that if I select all the Yak-1's from a list of aircraft and then change the "change mode" function to "A" or auto and then change the filter so that all aircraft are "selected" that all the Yak-1's should be auto and the rest of the aircraft should be
in the mode they were in before the Yak-1 change. Instead I'm finding that all the aircraft were given the "auto" mode. I would have
thought that the only planes changed would have been the Yak-1's. WAD?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Air Units "change mode" in CR - 10/10/2011 7:01:05 PM   
JAMiAM

Larry, the way to accomplish what you're trying to do is to first select the groups flying the Yak-1 airframes using the Production Screen. Click on the number on the right-most column in that screen, corresponding to the Yak-1. This will open the CR, and list all of the airgroups that are flying that frame, and only those groups. Then, you can use the various function keys without affecting all your other airgroups.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Units "change mode" in CR - 10/10/2011 8:32:01 PM   
larryfulkerson

Okie dokie.  Thanks James dude.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Units "change mode" in CR - 10/10/2011 8:45:17 PM   
Helpless

Shorter route would be to click on any Yak-1 in aircraft column to enable a filter.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Units "change mode" in CR - 10/11/2011 12:00:27 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless
Shorter route would be to click on any Yak-1 in aircraft column to enable a filter.

What I did was to open the CR and clicked on the Air Units tab. Then I clicked on aircraft to get a sorted list of the aircraft by name. Then I clicked on Yak-1 to get a list of the Yak-1's. Then I did the change mode to change all the Yak-1's to "auto". Then I clicked on Yak-1 to remove the filter ( to return to all the aircraft ) and I found that all the aircraft had changed the mode to "auto". So I decided
to post something in the Tech Support forum. So that's why I'm asking if it's WAD. I would have thought that the filter would have
limited the change to just the Yak-1's only but noooooooooooo it changed all the aircraft in spite of the filter.

EDIT: I started a new scenario and tried the Helpless technique and it worked. I guess I should have saved the game to post here
earlier but at least it's working now.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 10/11/2011 12:06:55 AM >

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Air Units "change mode" in CR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI