Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I'm sure it is working as intended and

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> I'm sure it is working as intended and Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I'm sure it is working as intended and - 10/8/2011 9:16:43 PM   
Gilmer

documented somewhere, but I really don't like some things about the game. I was producing a fort in Kansas and before I could get a unit inside, the South attacked into the region and captured the fort.

So, anyway, they were besieging Topeka or whatever and I moved my main West army in to stop the siege. Siege broken and the opposing army is gone, but the fort is occupied. I did not have time to siege the fort so I set the army to move out and break all the other sieges all over the West. Can't. Army seems to be frozen in the region. So, now the other sieges are actually successful for the South because I wasted several turns trying to get out of Kansas.
Post #: 1
Mystified - 10/9/2011 1:21:22 AM   
bugwar

I had no idea that units would freeze. I will watch this thread to see how it plays out.
Good luck.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Mystified - 10/9/2011 7:25:06 PM   
Gilmer

It possibly is something along the lines of A fort in the region keeps you from moving through, but I would think a fairly large army wouldn't be pinned by one unit in a fort.

(in reply to bugwar)
Post #: 3
RE: Mystified - 11/13/2011 8:02:34 PM   
Gil R.

I didn't have an explanation the first time I read this, but now it occurs to me that perhaps it was winter? If winter movement rules are toggled on then that would explain being stuck in a place for a few turns, I believe.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 4
Fighting Against General Snow Storm - 11/13/2011 9:31:40 PM   
bugwar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

I didn't have an explanation the first time I read this, but now it occurs to me that perhaps it was winter? If winter movement rules are toggled on then that would explain being stuck in a place for a few turns, I believe.

Good point.

Gilmer, were the movement arrows black?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> I'm sure it is working as intended and Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI