Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

If allowed to answer...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> If allowed to answer... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
If allowed to answer... - 10/3/2011 4:13:52 AM   
GeorgiaBoy

..I have several questions for Erik or the Beta Testers regarding DW--Legends (copied from my previous post(s):

1)Can a Borg-Like race be modded in (meaning very fast assimulation/transmutation of conquered races and their tech)?
2)An Ithkul-like race (parasitic--eats other organic races and gets stronger--see MoO3) be modded in?
3)Can the tech tree (including the proposed racial techs) be modded? If so, are there any limits to the number of techs in the tree?
4)Regarding planetary facilities--can they also be available to only one race? For selected facilities, will there be a limit of one specific facility per planet/system/player/or game?
5) Additional species:

a) Cybernetic--Not organic (a plus), but eats production as well as food.
b) Gaseous-- Species exists only on gas giants. Low reproduction.
c) Astral--Can exist in outer space. Cannot tolerate gravity, so cannot colonize planets. Reproduction verrrry slow.
d) Geodic--Rock colonies only--Atmosphere does not matter.
e) Shapeshifter--Can change appearance to fool scanners into believing another race is there or nothing at all...does not gain the bonuses (bonii) of the impersonated race, though.
f) Pure Energy--Achieved through research at the end of the tech tree (plus a ruins finding(s)--possible victory condition).

6) Will there be Expeditions? I liked the 'Antaran X' expeditions from MoO 3--finding X number of artifacts also allows you a victory. Of course, these artifacts of the Shakturi, the Ancients, and whatever other races would be just a little difficult to get. One of these artifacts could be Unification government, which would be the best government in the game!

Thanks for your time!

GB
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> If allowed to answer... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI