From: Toronto, Canada
1) Great post, Q-Ball.
2) The German construction attachments (140 Construction Bns, 14 RAD Lbr Grps & 16 RAD Lbr Dets) may not be effectively utilised in their initial deployment. Most or all of them should be repairing rail for the first summer, after which the Corps should get some back to help dig in for the winter.
3) I think I recall in older patches some months ago that more Const units seemed to be building rail than with recent versions, not sure why...
4) ...except I might have read a rule change somewhere that Const units will not build rail within x hexes of the enemy (is this true?) but can't find the reference, could be mistaken.
5) It would be useful to know just how the ability of FBD/NKPS units to repair rail is related to their attachments.
6) Note that the FBD units do not all have the same attachments (if I'm counting right): while all 5 each have 4 Const Bns, FBD 1-3 each have in addition 3 RAD Lbr Grps while FBD 4 has 1 RAD Lbr Grp & 4 rad lbr dets and FBD 5 has 2 RAD Lbr Grps.
7) I think it would be well worth the 1 AP each to transfer Const attachments to higher HQ's to get more rail building out of it.
8) Maybe it would be best/cheapest to transfer those Const atts to OKH as soon as possible in Summer '41 (they will repair rail up to 90 hexes of OKH as per Rule 7.6.4), so in Fall/Winter '41 OKH can tour the front with its big bucket of Const Bns and reallocate them to the Corps for no AP cost, in a similar fashion as it seems necessary to do at the beginning of each Campaign Game with the rest of the German attachments (sigh).
GGWitE = GröKAZ ("Greatest Wargame of All Time") - thx to GG, Company & Community for continuing to make it even better!