Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

native planet colonization tech

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> native planet colonization tech Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
native planet colonization tech - 9/20/2011 5:58:16 AM   
Tirane

Why in the tech tree for colonization are the native planets not already discovered. How about races that have two planet types listed. Should they both be already discovered? One problem if you simply find a way to give it would be the doubling of growth rates on planets yet to be discovered.
I can see races are able to colonize their native planet (even if not discovered on the tech tree) but in some mods this does not happen.

Modding question:

Is it simply the function of the native planet type on the chart? Where can you find (if at all) already discovered techs?
Post #: 1
RE: native planet colonization tech - 9/20/2011 7:02:08 AM   
Data

quote:

Why in the tech tree for colonization are the native planets not already discovered.

Don't know about the modding question but I think the argument for the above was that even if you inhabit a certain planet type this is not enough to know how to colonize it. Colonization in itself is something else; at least this was the argument give, iirc.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Tirane)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> native planet colonization tech Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI