Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle history

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Battle history Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle history - 9/8/2011 6:28:01 PM   
springel

I like the game system very much, but what I miss is the knowledge at the end of the game what I was exactly up against.

Fog of War is a very good thing of course, but with all the mis-identifications I miss the real story from the other side. It would also be nice to see the losses of the individual enemy units at the end, and the starting strength of the eliminated units.

Is the way to get around this problem to save some early game turns and surrender them at the end to study the enemy troops?
Post #: 1
RE: Battle history - 9/8/2011 6:44:33 PM   
Lieste

There are some definite improvements to the AAR reporting in the patch#2, but it still doesn't have as much information/ease of use as you want.

Dave, would it be possible/sufficient to show the 'actuals' at the game end, rather than merely improving the 'own side' intel to maximum... this would also add supply status?
I don't recall if it adds the enemy starting strengths though... it does (awkwardly) allow browsing of the enemy OOB, so end-state of dead-pile units can be checked, and the unit description/data checked - right now once it is dead there is only the name and time of disbandment available, and only by hunting the pile of crosses for the unit you want to check...

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle history - 9/8/2011 11:53:12 PM   
Arjuna

Not a bad idea but it will have to wait to the next game as there is a fair amount of work to implement that change.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle history - 9/9/2011 3:23:38 AM   
Lieste

I'll add it to the feature requests list :)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Battle history Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI