Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Player Needs Strategy Tips!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> New Player Needs Strategy Tips! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Player Needs Strategy Tips! - 8/10/2011 4:02:16 PM   
kool_kat

Gents:

I've recently purchased Armada 2526... patched it up... and worked through the tutorial. I've "attempted" to play a custom game... only to delete each one and restart a half dozen times because of a lack of strategy!

Here is my "starting strategy" for the Qa Qa: I look for either (Ideal or Habitable) planets in my Domain that are either (Normal or Rich) in resources - especially worlds with asteroid belts and send my initial Ark ships to colonize these planets. Once these initial colonies are established, I build 1 mine on each planet to generate income. I than automate my transport ships to redistribute my population among the colonies. I also focus on 2 areas of research - Construction (Ark ships) and Bio Research (Terra Forming). I than build 1-3 more Ark ships dependent on suitable planets in my Domain and send my scout to explore potential planets for colonization. At this point, I start to run out of funds / income and need to just "stand by" while my fledgling colonies construct their mines and income starts to flow into the Qa Qa coffers!

So... my question to Armada vets... is now what? Do I start to build defenses for these colonies? Upgrade facilities? Keep building Ark ships and expanding as rapidly as possible? Have a few heavily defended production planets? What to do with my Corvettes?

Net: Looking for guide lines and strategy tips on what to do in the start of a custom game utilizing the Qa Qa ... like Turns 1 - 75?

Thanks!

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
Post #: 1
RE: New Player Needs Strategy Tips! - 8/11/2011 7:19:45 PM   
mbar

Your plan is sound. Just keep in mind it will take about 25 turns before those mines are paid for and start generating profit. They cost 2000 credits up front but only generate about 100 credits per turn(in a normal system with earth like planets anyway)

Taxes will be your base income and as population grows income will increase. Also keep in mind that when your population is on transports they are not giving you tax income.

< Message edited by mbar -- 8/11/2011 7:20:55 PM >

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> New Player Needs Strategy Tips! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI