Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Inconsistent admin point costs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Inconsistent admin point costs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Inconsistent admin point costs - 8/9/2011 1:03:13 PM   
Jakerson

One thing I find little inconsistent it cost 1 admin point to move SU units between HQ's per unit. It cost about 1-3 admin points to move full divisions between HQ's. Depending on campaign you get 50 or 60 admin points per turn so you could move 50-60 SU units per turn or 20-40 divs between HQ's.

On the other hand it cost 15 admin points per unit to move Soviet AA regiments away from industrial cities sometimes there are 4 AA regiments inside city so it cost 60 admin points to move them away. I find it hard to believe even from game design point of view that evacuating 4 AA regiments overload whole command structure for whole week as much as moving 50-60 SU between HQ's or forming new chain of command structure for 20-40 divisions.
Post #: 1
RE: Inconsistent admin point costs - 8/9/2011 2:02:44 PM   
heliodorus04

It also puzzles me that Germans, who had superior C&C throughout the war, pay far more in AP to move divisions around than the Soviets.

It's another factor that is a-historically in the Soviets' favor. 

Spring 2018-Playing: Demyansk Shield: Frozen Fortress; Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Bonhoeffer
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Holland'44, Demyansk Shield: Frozen Fortress

(in reply to Jakerson)
Post #: 2
RE: Inconsistent admin point costs - 8/9/2011 2:08:09 PM   
Q-Ball

Generally, though, the Germans don't have AP shortages after the first few turns. They should have a surplus. It's the Red Army that uses every AP it gets (and can use more)

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 3
RE: Inconsistent admin point costs - 8/9/2011 2:50:20 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jakerson

One thing I find little inconsistent it cost 1 admin point to move SU units between HQ's per unit. It cost about 1-3 admin points to move full divisions between HQ's. Depending on campaign you get 50 or 60 admin points per turn so you could move 50-60 SU units per turn or 20-40 divs between HQ's.

On the other hand it cost 15 admin points per unit to move Soviet AA regiments away from industrial cities sometimes there are 4 AA regiments inside city so it cost 60 admin points to move them away. I find it hard to believe even from game design point of view that evacuating 4 AA regiments overload whole command structure for whole week as much as moving 50-60 SU between HQ's or forming new chain of command structure for 20-40 divisions.

It's stated in the manual that this represents the political cost of denuding civilian centers of their AA protection. It's not simply an administrative cost involved.

(in reply to Jakerson)
Post #: 4
RE: Inconsistent admin point costs - 8/9/2011 9:29:21 PM   
Q-Ball

I forgot to move my Regts. and lost them, it's not really a big deal.

Can you DISBAND them anyway? That would be cheaper and easier, and have the same effect basically

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 5
RE: Inconsistent admin point costs - 8/10/2011 12:10:09 AM   
Flaviusx

quote:

ORIGINAL: heliodorus04

It also puzzles me that Germans, who had superior C&C throughout the war, pay far more in AP to move divisions around than the Soviets.

It's another factor that is a-historically in the Soviets' favor. 

Except that Soviet rifle divisions really aren't equal to German infantry ones. It was, on average, about half the strength of a German division.

I'll be happy to pay the same costs as Germans do if you give me a 15000 man rifle division.

The actual equivalent here is the rifle corps -- which is expensive to reassign.

Soviet corps in general are the true equivalents to their German divisional counterparts, and pay hefty AP costs.

< Message edited by Flaviusx -- 8/10/2011 12:14:35 AM >

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 6
RE: Inconsistent admin point costs - 8/10/2011 8:27:26 AM   
Jakerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx
Except that Soviet rifle divisions really aren't equal to German infantry ones. It was, on average, about half the strength of a German division.

I'll be happy to pay the same costs as Germans do if you give me a 15000 man rifle division.

The actual equivalent here is the rifle corps -- which is expensive to reassign.

Soviet corps in general are the true equivalents to their German divisional counterparts, and pay hefty AP costs.

True from TOE point of view it is funny to see from logistic report that rifle division X is upgraded to 41b TOE when it is actually downgrade lowering TOE even more. Same goes for motorized units tank tanks divisions witch are downgraded to lower TOE.

From CV point of view Soviet rifle div is about as powerful as German infantry regiment.

In many cases it cost 20 AP to move one Soviet combat corps from one HQ to another becouse of this high cost in emergencies Soviet side is forced to fight with messed up chain of commands more than once. Especially in 42 campaing and operation blue scenario.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Inconsistent admin point costs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI