Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Civil War Games for The 150 Anniversary?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Civil War Games for The 150 Anniversary? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Civil War Games for The 150 Anniversary? - 7/25/2011 6:02:48 PM   
JeanAllTrekkie

So I was wondering and hoping Matrix Games would come out with some Civil War titles for The 150 Anniversary of The Civil War. I know we have a few like Forge of Freedom, John Tillers Battleground, etc., but I would love to see a game like Civil War Generals 2, which btw was voted on by Gamespot as The Best Civil War game of all time ;). Hope that sweetens the pot lol. I was actually developing a sequel to that game myself, design doc and everything but funding ran out :(. What would be awesome is to combine tactical hexagon combat with strategic movement and decision making, So players can choose their own battlefields and strategies. Forge of Freedom came close to doing this but lacked a lot of the features I would of added such as - A Simple User Interface, Easy Unit Movement, Zooming functionality, A Large Strategic hex map with simple unit movement, and easy unit identification (health, organization, morale). I think Forge was a great game but it needs to be more user friendly.

Anyway hope some games come out Im Civil War Gaming starved lol.
Post #: 1
RE: Civil War Games for The 150 Anniversary? - 7/25/2011 7:10:59 PM   
Yogi the Great

Brother against Brother will be a great addition for Civil War game enthusiasts. The first in the series will cover Bull Run and several scenarios. The game has unfortunately been delayed from the hoped for release by the 150th anniversary of the battle, but maybe can still get out this year. It will be worth waiting for. This game series holds lots of promise and may become one of the best civil war battle series to date.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to JeanAllTrekkie)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Civil War Games for The 150 Anniversary? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI